1 pc suit questions

APCh8r

Alright guys I am looking to pick up a suit from work since we have a nice deal on them right now, but I wanted to ask some questions before I pay and commit to it. I am 6'1, 145 lbs so I am a tall skinny bastard so it is kind of hard for me to figure out what the right fit is for me. Here is the write up on the suit I am thinking about getting:

Teknic SPEEDSTAR 1pc suit

spdstr_1pc_main.jpg

Du Pont KEVLARTM branded product. Approved for its correct use and function of Du Pont KEVLARTM materials. · Racer cut: anatomical pre curved arms and legs, developed in conjunction with all Teknic® racers worldwide. · Torso stretch system, for better fit and maneuverability. · Outer shell of top quality kangaroo hide ? 0.8mm thickness. · TASCTM (Teknic® Advanced Seam Construction). Rows of hidden stitching providing maximum seam strength. · Molded airflow hump, for better suit aerodynamics, back and neck protection and airflow to the riders back. · Knox® CE approved KFP1 armor in shoulders, elbows, and knee / shin. · Advanced elbow pocketTM, secures elbow armor into the outer shell. · Knee stretch panel allows better knee movement. · Safety wrap systemTM for seat / chest / legs: a seamless chest and leg side construction · Safety wrap seat lined with second layer of Kangaroo. · Full motion arm systemTM, a panel of stretch Du Pont KEVLARTM that extends from the cuff to the chest of the suit with no seams. · Teknic® Full motion leg systemTM, a 1pc stretch DU PONT KEVLARTM panel from the crotch to the calf. · Stretch KEVLARTM calf expansion panel for improved calf fit. · Comfort collar systemTM: 1 piece neoprene collar · Comfort cuff systemTM: new lighter weight and less bulky cuff. · Ceramic Speedstar knee sliders offer maximum feel, and extended puck life. · 7 link Teknic® spine protector, secured into suit with belt loops. · All zippers are genuine YKK® zippers. · Full frontal perforations, allowing maximum air flow. · Silver Mighty - 7® lining that is anti-bacterial, non allergenic, and moisture wicking. · Removable Speedstar Mighty - 7® inner mesh suit is supplied as standard. · Suit comes with heavy duty suit bag, for travel and storage.

My concern is how tight should it be starting off. I know this is kangroo leather so it should stretch pretty well. It is just really tight in my crotch region if i try to stand and also in the top section around my shoulders. Also how much of the leg of the suit should stick into my boots. I only have a 1 1/2 inch to 2 inches sticking in my boot. It is close to the top of my boot. Let me know what you guys think. I tried a 46 on also and that was alot more comfortable but it was like a sail on me, there was all kind of room in it. Post up asap because I have to buy this in the next couple days before it gets sold.

Thanks,

Nick

• 6 months later...

What's up guys?

I'm thinking about getting a 1 pce suit as I'd like to try a track day or two. I've never been and it sounds like fun. My problem is I'm vertically challenged and rather rotund. 5'8", 240lbs wearing a 40/30 jean size and xl/xxl shirts. I did look for something a few years ago but everything was either too tight or too long - that was in the UK though - I've noticed that US attire is more my...umm..."style", yeah, let's say that. The way I see it I have 3 options here:

a) Custom suit - how much to pay, where to get one?

b) Buy off the rack and have it tailored to fit. I assume it's easier to buy the tall guy suit and "shorten" it rather than buying the right height and letting it out.

c) Lose weight - remembering beer and food are good not sure I can do it.

Anyone see any other options or have pros/cons for each/any?

Hey APCh8r

Did you happen to get a suit yet? I am getting out of racing and have my 1 piece Kobe X-Pro suit for sale. Its a size 44 and should fit you pretty well. I am 5'11" and weigh about 150. Its a tad big on me in the length. I also have matching size large gloves for the suit and will let the combo go for $500 shipped. The colors are red, black and dark grey.

I can post or email pics to anyone that is interested but figure I would give you first dibs since this is your thread!

Depending on how much you use it.....i'd rather have a 2-piece. Therefore, I could use each piece seperately. Meaning if I was a racer, i'd rather a 1-piece, but if getting just to have a leather suit and mainly ride the streets, 2-piece.