Concealed Carry: for the non believers.

JudgeDredd

YES in Ohio you can carry a gun as long as it is in plain view.. but, you can NOT be in a vehicle with it loaded in plain view.. You have to follow the laws of transporting a weapon in a vehicle. Also note a motorcycle is considered a vehicle.

with a CCW you can ride concealed:badgerrock:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plain view' date=' in a holster. Also, in a vehicle a loaded magazine = a loaded gun. As soon as you enter that vehicle you've officially concealed a weapon. That's a no-no without a permit.[/quote']

Which is kind of wacky for a motorcyle.. How do you "enter" a motorcyle.

What if you are leaning on the the motorcyle seat?

What if the keys are not in the bike?

What if the bike is not really moving?

What if I am on the bike but the gun is strapped to my thigh in plain view and the bike is not moving or running?

Personally, I think carrying a weapon in Ohio without a CCW (and wanting to be legal) is pretty crazy when a motorcycle is involved. The open carry/CCW laws are pretty vague when it comes to a motorcycle besides the fact they consider it a vehicle. You are just asking for unneeded trouble.

I use to have a crazy inventory of guns when I worked for Acusport(who supplies dealers) in Bellefontaine. I could get guns at BELOW dealer costs and I had a $2500 credit that they would take out in weekly payments. Hell I made a fortune on Black Talen ammo after they were outlawed.. Anyways, I sold all my stuff over the years. I am planning on buying a CCW weapon this year and taking the test before it is outlawed. Still undecided what I want but Im leaning towards a Glock 30 or 21. Had a chance to buy a Glock 37 cheap from a friend but didn't want to mess with the 45 GAP ammo..

Edited by Blitzburgh

I'm 18 but a friend of mine in Cleveland State is a cop and he carries where ever we go... When I told him that the day after I turn 21 I'm buying a handgun for carrying he said "Good"

I'll prob get two guns that day... Springfield 1911 TRP Stainless and a Springfield .40 XDM Black for my carry.... Better start saving cause all that plus ammo and a couple extra magazines is going to cost me about 2Grand....230gr JHP =]

you can conceal in a car/on motorcycle with ccw. they also just recently gave us the castle law. LMK, when you wanna take the class and i can get you a # for the instructor in our area:badgerrock:

Which is kind of wacky for a motorcyle.. How do you "enter" a motorcyle.

What if you are leaning on the the motorcyle seat?

What if the keys are not in the bike?

What if the bike is not really moving?

What if I am on the bike but the gun is strapped to my thigh in plain view and the bike is not moving or running?

Personally, I think carrying a weapon in Ohio without a CCW (and wanting to be legal) is pretty crazy when a motorcycle is involved. The open carry/CCW laws are pretty vague when it comes to a motorcycle besides the fact they consider it a vehicle. You are just asking for unneeded trouble.

I use to have a crazy inventory of guns when I worked for Acusport(who supplies dealers) in Bellefontaine. I could get guns at BELOW dealer costs and I had a $2500 credit that they would take out in weekly payments. Hell I made a fortune on Black Talen ammo after they were outlawed.. Anyways, I sold all my stuff over the years. I am planning on buying a CCW weapon this year and taking the test before it is outlawed. Still undecided what I want but Im leaning towards a Glock 30 or 21. Had a chance to buy a Glock 37 cheap from a friend but didn't want to mess with the 45 GAP ammo..

I took a butt load of tactical classes about 10 years ago,Still got the deploma's. With TTC out in Adams county. would any of those classes suffice or are they out of date, because they were too long ago ?

You are required to take the CCW course. I believe they are working on changing that for enlisted and reservist personnel but I'm not sure where they are on the matter.

Don't have to take the course if you are active duty with firearms qualifications. just go to sherriff dept and they will take care of it

If i wanted to go shoot some skeet and take my bike..put the shells under the seat locked and strapped the shotgun across my back could they bust me? i really needed to do that last summer but was worried i'd get hassled.

If i wanted to go shoot some skeet and take my bike..put the shells under the seat locked and strapped the shotgun across my back could they bust me? i really needed to do that last summer but was worried i'd get hassled.

Do this only if it's fun to see people drive off the road while gawking...

I've had the distinct pleasure of going to work on a motorcycle, wearing OD fatigue uniform with an M-16 strapped to my back. Steel pot buckled to the gauge cluster. My only worry was "what if" the M-16 fell off and I had to pay for it...

HAHA, that I gotta see......and get a picture. :motorcycle:

Do you know someone that may do one of the classes sooner?

I don't personally know anyone in your area thats teaching any time soon. However, here is a list of classes from the NRA website.

# Columbus - Saturday, February 07, 2009, 6400 Stonebridge St., $100

Charles Smith, 614-948-2053. , buckeyeguns@yahoo.com

Class types: Basic Pistol

# Columbus - Sunday, February 08, 2009, 1, $150

J.D. Blackfoot, 614-545-8045. , jdblackfoot@msn.com

Course Notes:

Meets all certification requirements for Ohio Concealed Carry License and all staff memebers are certified NRA instructors. For more info please call 614-545-8045 or email jdblackfoot@msn.com Thank You

# Columbus - Saturday, February 14, 2009, 1505 Bethel Rd., $125

Ray Davidson, 614-742-7197. , rdavidson@tenable.net

Course Notes:

This class will satisfy the State requirements for a CHL license.

# Columbus - Saturday, February 14, 2009, 6400 Stonebridge St., $100

# Columbus - Saturday, February 14, 2009, 2738 Sawbury Blvd, $125

Al E Smith, 614-395-1305. , Al@AlSmith.US

Course Notes:

Course meets training requirement for Ohio CHL/CCW. Class size limited to 12 people.

# Columbus - Monday, February 16, 2009, 2738 Sawbury Blvd, $125

Course Notes:

Course meets training requirement for Ohio CHL/CCW. (Class is conducted over 2 evenings). Class size limited to 12 people.

# Columbus - Wednesday, February 18, 2009, 4444 Indianola Ave, $150

Ron Herman, 614-263-1601. , pstryjew@att.net

Course Notes:

Exceeds Requirements for Ohio CCW. Over 16 years of teaching NRA courses. Male and Female instructors. Firearms and ammo included. Includes NRA membership.

# Columbus - Saturday, February 21, 2009, 1505 Bethel Rd., $125

Course Notes:

# Columbus - Saturday, February 21, 2009, western Licking Cty/central OH, $150

Clint Lake, 614-561-8810. , CLake@insight.rr.com

Course Notes:

ONE DAY CLASS! All firearms, ammo, lunch & dinner provided. Meets & exceeds Ohio concealed carry requirements. Learn from those who are in the Statehouse working to improve YOUR gun rights!

# Columbus - Saturday, February 28, 2009, 1505 Bethel Rd., $125

Course Notes:

# Columbus - Saturday, February 28, 2009, 2738 Sawbury Blvd, $125

Course Notes:

Course meets training requirement for Ohio CHL/CCW. Class size limited to 12 people.

# Columbus - Saturday, February 28, 2009, 6400 Stonebridge St., $100

# Columbus - Monday, March 02, 2009, 2738 Sawbury Blvd, $125

Course Notes:

Course meets training requirement for Ohio CHL. Class size limited to 12 people.

# Columbus - Sunday, March 08, 2009, western Licking Cty/central OH, $150

Course Notes:

ONE DAY CLASS! All firearms, ammo, lunch & dinner provided. Meets & exceeds Ohio concealed carry requirements. Learn from those who are in the Statehouse working to improve YOUR gun rights!

# Columbus - Saturday, March 14, 2009, 2738 Sawbury Blvd, $125

Course Notes:

Course meets training requirement for Ohio CHL. Class size limited to 12 people.

# Columbus - Saturday, March 14, 2009, 1505 Bethel Rd., $125

Course Notes:

# Columbus - Monday, March 23, 2009, 2738 Sawbury Blvd, $125

Course Notes:

# Columbus - Saturday, March 28, 2009, 2738 Sawbury Blvd, $125

Course Notes:

# Columbus - Saturday, April 18, 2009, western Licking Cty/central OH, $150

Course Notes: