5th Annual DTC Anniversary Ride to New River Gorge, June 12th

Fonzie

quick caveat, a friend of mine's cousin's wife died recently (couple weeks ago) when her and her husband hydroplaned.

Yes, caution should be taken, but here's the point... what's the worst case?

We leave from our homes and make it 10 miles and it's a torrential downpour... you turn around and go home. Or we ride to WV and it's a tornado... we grab a quick hotel stay and one and done.

The point is, as long as we have a decent group planning on going... it'll be fun, riding in the rain aint that bad as long as you're not trying to go 100.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quick caveat, a friend of mine's cousin's wife died recently (couple weeks ago) when her and her husband hydroplaned.

Yes, caution should be taken, but here's the point... what's the worst case?

We leave from our homes and make it 10 miles and it's a torrential downpour... you turn around and go home. Or we ride to WV and it's a tornado... we grab a quick hotel stay and one and done.

The point is, as long as we have a decent group planning on going... it'll be fun, riding in the rain aint that bad as long as you're not trying to go 100.

Will you wear your Jew hat and say a prayer for us in C-bus?:beathorse:

Sorry guys.... Had a bunch of errands to run/crap to do tonight

I know I'm gonna regret this either way.... Especially if I'm pullin' out of my garage tomorrow into rain/storm :nono:

Accuweather is showin' Fayetteville mostly cloudy, except for chance of tStorms around 12-1.....

http://www.accuweather.com/us/wv/fayetteville/25840/forecast-hourly.asp?fday=2

Like Sam said.... A main concern of mine is that I don't want anybody wadding their bike &/or getting hurt tomorrow because of potential road conditions, so only come if you're comfortable with the risk of bad weather

In spite of blatantly crappy weather reports & my gut instinct, at this point I'm gonna say let's give it a try. I usually don't get much sleep the night before these big rides, so if I see something change drastically, I'll post up.

I suggest you check here one last time before leaving in the morning, for those early to bed people

Even if this becomes a no-go, I'll hit up the Ohio Fallen Heroes Memorial poker run with Chevysoldier, and maybe a few others (not sure if anyone else is going :dunno:). Maybe that's something others would be up for as well?

If that get's washed out too, it's back to the shop and work on the Hon-duh. I think I already said that all though.

Even if this becomes a no-go, I'll hit up the Ohio Fallen Heroes Memorial poker run with Chevysoldier, and maybe a few others (not sure if anyone else is going :dunno:). Maybe that's something others would be up for as well?

If that get's washed out too, it's back to the shop and work on the Hon-duh. I think I already said that all though.

So you're gonna be on the 250?

I'll be at the McDonalds in Carroll around 1045A incase anyone else wants to meet up down that way. The DickheadTrannyCult should be there I'd guess around 1100A - 1115A.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=6010+Winchester+Road+Northwest,+Carroll,+OH&sll=39.799816,-82.709219&sspn=0.013024,0.019484&gl=us&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=6010+Winchester+Rd+NW,+Carroll,+Fairfield,+Ohio+43112&z=17

I'll be at the McDonalds in Carroll around 1045A incase anyone else wants to meet up down that way. The DickheadTrannyCult should be there I'd guess around 1100A - 1115A.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=6010+Winchester+Road+Northwest,+Carroll,+OH&sll=39.799816,-82.709219&sspn=0.013024,0.019484&gl=us&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=6010+Winchester+Rd+NW,+Carroll,+Fairfield,+Ohio+43112&z=17

Any of you cBus guys know where this is? ^ ^

Which is gonna be the better way down after we leave QSL Marathon.... 270 or 71?

Anyone heard from Detty how his Dad is doin', & if he's in or out?

Ben.... I'm assuming CareBear's not goin'?

Adjusted list....

Tentative Roster:

Sam

Sam

Likwid + the Fraulein

Duane "Magley" + 1

Beaver Cleaver

Jagr

Casey "cDub"

Ben the Friendly Cracker

RedRocket

Tyler

jPorter

Me

MaxPower Shawn??

Which is gonna be the better way down after we leave QSL Marathon.... 270 or 71?

It's along your route on 33. There's a light with a Speedway gas station and a McDonald's. That's all that's there.

Definitely 71.

Datz all I gotz runnin right now! I'm not worried about being too slow, Likwid is supposed to be going, right? :lol:

Wasn't worried about the slow part as the 250's can tear some shit up in the twisties. Was thinking of comfort

Wasn't worried about the slow part as the 250's can tear some shit up in the twisties. Was thinking of comfort

As long as we keep moving, and it's not all slabbing it, I should be ok. About the only time I get really uncomfy is boring riding for quite a distance, without stops. With Matt's fuel range deficiency, I should be fine!

Ya know, after all the confusion before about that station being a Marathon, it's a f'in Shell! I was up past there last night. There's also a Shell on the east side of 71, so don't let me confuse anyone! :beathorse:

alright here's the deal for the NEO folks.

Magley and I are meating at Ohio Motorcycle at 7, leaving there BY 7:30 to head to Lodi.

Meeting Cleave and possibly JRMiii at the corner of 71 and 83, leaving there BY 8:30

Then we'll meet you folks down in CBus at the QSL (I think that's where you guys are meating).

The deal is, at any point, anyone can decide "This isn't for me" and head home... so no harm right?

Yeah I know.

Prolly 270 east to 33.

Cool.... You wanna be Tonto for that part?

Or Sacagawea :p

**N/M.... I see where Ben said "definitely 71S" & you retracted your indian guide recommendation already ;)

Edited by Fonzie

Ya know, after all the confusion before about that station being a Marathon, it's a f'in Shell! I was up past there last night. There's also a Shell on the east side of 71, so don't let me confuse anyone! :beathorse:

Seriously?? The one directly in front of the QSL? I could'a swore I remember the colors bein' blue

The deal is, at any point, anyone can decide "This isn't for me" and head home... so no harm right?

Correct.... You're just contractually obligated to pay for everyone's fuel, lost overtime/wages, supplies bought for this trip, etc :D

J/K.... I think we've got one hell of a fun group goin' tomorrow, & it's one of the big reasons I'm still willing to give this a shot, but completely understand if the weather gets too bad for anybody's comfort level