5th Annual DTC Anniversary Ride to New River Gorge, June 12th

Fonzie

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I carry a siphoning hose instead of an extra bottle of fuel. The CBR1100XX will go over 200 miles on a tank so you guys have Fonzie carrying all the extra fuel.

that's right, between the 2 sams and the 2 XXers, there will be plenty of fuel...

then again, we can just make plenty of stops...and bullshit for shorter intervals at said stops, it's no big deal.

50% chance @ weather.com here and fayetteville, 80% columbus.

Edited by magley64

Weather.com is saying 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms for Columbus and New River Gorge National Park, but only for noon to 3PM. The rest of the day it drops to 30%. I say we plan on lunch at noon and wait out any storms.

Gonna stop for lunch before we even start? :tongue:

I was thinking about bringing a small 1gal gas can with us just incase. :lol:

Sam & I talked about filling a 1L Mt. Dew bottle ;)

The CBR1100XX will go over 200 miles on a tank so you guys have Fonzie carrying all the extra fuel.

Your 'Bird must've gotten a LOT better mileage than mine does, Uncle Buck

Columbus is up to 80%, WV is down to 30% for most of the day. Who's making the call and when?

What site are you getting that from Ben? I can live with 30%. Forget lunch at noon then.... I say we get the heck out of cBus as quick as possibe

fonzie's ride, it's his call...if he's goin, so will I, and if he's not then I'll skip.

Awwww kiss.gif

I'm sorry but it's gonna pour unless dopler radar is waaaayyyy off. Looks like from 11ish clear thru the night is rain, rain, and then a lil more rain. Imma have to pass, I'm a puss and I know it.

What site are you gettin' that from Todd?

Here's the latest list. Yell at me if I'm forgetting/missing someone.....

Tentative Roster:

Sam

Sam

Likwid + the Fraulein

Duane "Magley" + 1

Beaver Cleaver

BenYen

Jagr

Casey "cDub"

Ben the Friendly Cracker

RedRocket

Tyler

jPorter

Me

Todd "1000rrrider"

CareBear

MaxPower Shawn

I'm sorry but it's gonna pour unless dopler radar is waaaayyyy off. Looks like from 11ish clear thru the night is rain, rain, and then a lil more rain. Imma have to pass, I'm a puss and I know it.

Well since Doppler radar would be showing what's happening now, I'd say it's predictions for tomorrow would be way off. :lol:

Well since Doppler radar would be showing what's happening now, I'd say it's predictions for tomorrow would be way off. :lol:

I THINK he's looking at what Dorothy and Toto are getting out in Kansas right now, that's headed our way. You can also check out wtte's futurecast on their site that will show the prediction for tomorrow.

Accuweather and NOAA are both showing that if we get out of town by 11a or so, we have a good chance of missing the weather most of the way down and back. The storms are scattered, so they'll be like today (it was beautiful, then got dark, stormed like hell for 10 minutes, light drizzle for 20 minutes, then clear and beautiful again). It's summer in Ohio guys.

I THINK he's looking at what Dorothy and Toto are getting out in Kansas right now, that's headed our way. You can also check out wtte's futurecast on their site that will show the prediction for tomorrow.

When are weathermen ever right?

By the way, everyone always forgets about this:

http://www.ohio-riders.com/index.php?pageid=radar

Soooooooooo, what are we doing?

Trying to rationalize a shiddy weather report ;)

Columbus

Saturday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 11am, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm between 11am and 5pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 5pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 85. South southwest wind between 8 and 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Fayetteville, NOAA info is down for that location right now....

http://www.accuweather.com/us/wv/fayetteville/25840/forecast-hourly.asp?fday=2

Looks like tStorms around 12-1, then mostly cloudy rest of day

IF we do this tomorrow.... Even if it's not actually raining, the roads still may be wet. Temps will be high, which will aid drying, but "mostly cloudy" will not