BMW S1000RR does the tablecloth trick.

Harb67

I love that bike so much I feel like squirting oil all over her beautiful tank.....Is it wrong to get a boner from a bike?

What's not to love? 185whp bone stock and the weight of a 600. That ludicrous speed. But what I like about it most is the high tech. Close the throttle and pull in the clutch and choose your mode. Rain, track, street etc. wheelie/traction control, ABS. The thing has sensors everywhere. It set a new bar for sportbike technology. The more control you have the safer the way I see it. And I just heard they are racing it at the Isle of Man this year. Can't wait to see that :)

The more sensors you have, the less rider skill you need. :D

Well I love technology and new stuff. People said the same thing when they started liquid cooling bikes. Then fuel injection and ECU controlled 3-d mapping. But I bet you would expect all that and more if you are buying a new bike these days. Now the BMW brings all new velvetrain technology, quick ECU mapping, advanced ABS traction control. Pretty soon all sportbikes will have it and people will resist that change as well I imagine.

BTW: For expert riders such as yourself you can turn EVERYTHING off and show the world what a fantastic motorcyclist you are ;)

WTF, why wait to see it? They've raced it in WSBK and havent done shit.

On 03.06.10 I actually agreed with one thing that Todd#43 has said. And thus begins the countdown until the end of the world. Prepare...

WARNING: AMA (mini) SPOILER BELOW. I DON'T KNOW IF THE RACE WILL BE TELEVISED OR NOT, BUT IT HASN'T AIRED YET. i watched live timing friday afternoon online.

WTF, why wait to see it? They've raced it in WSBK and havent done shit.

I believe someone rode a BMW to second-to last (20th place maybe?) in yesterday's AMA American superbike race as well.

Granted, the guy was probably riding against teams with tons more support and testing time.

WARNING: AMA (mini) SPOILER BELOW. I DON'T KNOW IF THE RACE WILL BE TELEVISED OR NOT, BUT IT HASN'T AIRED YET. i watched live timing friday afternoon online.

I believe someone rode a BMW to second-to last (20th place maybe?) in yesterday's AMA American superbike race as well.

Granted, the guy was probably riding against teams with tons more support and testing time.

What difference does riding against teams with "tons more support" make when the "factory" team couldn't finish any better than 5th last year in WSBK?

BTW, letting everyone know a guy finished in 20th place is hardly a "spoiler".

Kawis haven't done shit in racing for years but people still buy them... Hell I want a new Kaw... Suzuki hasn't done shit in WSB either.. ok they get a few good finishes here and there but nothing great.... So you can't really base the sweetness of a bike on how a race team does... ie Buell lol... the bike is ugly as hell but its won races.... I'd so love to have this bike or a KTM...

Kawis haven't done shit in racing for years but people still buy them... Hell I want a new Kaw... Suzuki hasn't done shit in WSB either.. ok they get a few good finishes here and there but nothing great.... So you can't really base the sweetness of a bike on how a race team does... ie Buell lol... the bike is ugly as hell but its won races.... I'd so love to have this bike or a KTM...

Don't look now, but Haslam has the lead after Phillips Island on a Suzuki.

Don't look now, but Haslam has the lead after Phillips Island on a Suzuki.

Exactly.

Lets not forget about the Suzuki Championship in 05 and as I recall Biaggi didn't do too bad on it either. Of course, we all know about the dominance of the Yosh team in AMA Superbike.

I'd say there's really no comparison between Suzuki and BMW in terms of championship winning machinery.

• 3 months later...