Nailing Jello to a Tree

Victory ryder

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea you forgot car doors. :D

oh yeah.... :p Cars are dangerous and mine is pretty loud too... i bet its bc its mechanical or something - don't know much about it bc i didn't grow up around cars... :rolleyes:.

Truthfully, I can only think of one woman who has said that they think that motorcycles are loud and dangerous and that is my gramma. The rest of them think its cool and/or are pretty encouraging... in fact, the majority of my female friends said that they would like to try to ride at some point...again, this may have something to do with the fact that is no longer 1952... but who knows.

oh yeah.... :p Cars are dangerous and mine is pretty loud too... i bet its bc its mechanical or something - don't know much about it bc i didn't grow up around cars... :rolleyes:.

Truthfully, I can only think of one woman who has said that they think that motorcycles are loud and dangerous and that is my gramma. The rest of them think its cool and/or are pretty encouraging... in fact, the majority of my female friends said that they would like to try to ride at some point...again, this may have something to do with the fact that is no longer 1952... but who knows.

and in case you didn't know....OsuMJ is a girl.

id have to give this guy some credit on trying to come across on how some people look at riding. I didnt see any thing offending. he was just tying to come across on they way it might look for when they first start riding. I know most of us have been riding since our early years, but there have been some people out there that have never gotten into and have a late start and before they actually start riding, they have a different way to look at it.. fast, loud dangerous. I know some of u guys arnt in the mood for long reading but if u dont want to read all of it, dont bother to post

Ask any new rider what their understanding is of what motorcycles really are.

To us experienced riders, it's an extension of our bodies, minds and souls. We've been around mechanical things all of our lives, they haven't.

They need to understand the basics and need to know their way around a bike. Most new riders crave to learn and most of them will jump in head over heels to learn. Have you ever been that excited to learn how to cook, shoot, knit, hunt, sew, fly or do any other new hobby? In general a motorcycle scares a newb like how a sewing machine works baffles most of you to no end.

How many of you got a 3 day crash course in drivers training and got your drivers license and your first car? Didn't happen, did it? It takes practice, practice and patience from both parties. It's all about skills.

Are the MSF and BRC important? YES it is! Very much so,

But you still need basic skills before you walk into a room full of strangers and spend the next 3 days with a frustrated instructor who has the personality of a piece of burnt wheat toast trying to teach what?? 20-25 people how to ride who have no idea what the difference is between muffler bearings and muffler clamps??

New riders need to understand what’s being thrown at them. They think differently then us.

I have known many new riders who have gone in cold and failed miserably and was very discouraged and most quit after the 2nd try (And Failure).

I wasn't following the original thread and I'm not going back to read it. I started with this first post and I didn't see anything wrong with it. I have edited it to show how I took it. I am not a woman so I took no offense to the stereotypes and didn't process that information as offensive. I understand the ladies taking issue with the generalizations but this overall post had wisdom hidden in it between the lines. Too bad he got off on the wrong foot, stuck in his mouth.

First time boys suck too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNh0ba2-X_8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xC__aoywHg

Now if he would have made some generalizations about black folk I would have got angry because we can all ride motorcycles better than the rest of you.

i have seen this disaster first hand :lol:

:moo:

OK, I'll admit it, I burnt noodles. Kawi had to tell me that something smelled like it was burning bc I didn't even notice it. :o I'm getting better. I'm just not used to operating things that are all electrical/mechanical and stuff, COME ON GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!

:lol: