OSU Shooting this morning. Everyone OK?

InyaAzz

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to know the gunman wasnt a student. I hate to hear about students going on killing rampages at schools.

But its even worst that it was a worker. Who knows how many crazy fuckers are out there.. For a worker its a lot easier to bring in a gun and kill.

Anyways sucks to hear that some one lost a life because some low life got a bad review.

Police believe Brown -- a probational employee since October who had received a poor performance review -- entered the building dressed in dark clothing carrying two handguns and began firing into an office suite, Denton said. Officials would not say when Brown received the review, who gave it to him or provide further details, citing the ongoing investigation.

A third person, Henry Butler, 60, an operations shift leader, also was shot. He was in stable condition at the OSU Medical Center, Denton said.

Police earlier Tuesday had said that two people were wounded and one killed and that the alleged shooter was in custody.

About a half-dozen employees were at the building when the shooting occurred, and some witnessed it, authorities said.

So for some period of time, seconds or minutes, up to 6 people had no method of defense, and had no idea if they were going to be killed?

This story had me worried all morning until I found out the names of those involved because

I know several people that work in that building in the Life Safety (fire systems) shop;

I have been in that building on several occassions. Fortunately it was know one from that dept.

Anyone heard from Shiddy or Nate yet??

I dont think they work that early... or in that general area. ?

and this is the email we got:

University police provide update on campus shooting

University Police have confirmed the identities of the victims and suspect in a shooting that occurred on campus earlier this morning. They also have confirmed two deaths.

• Larry Wallington, 48, building services manager, a victim in the shooting, was pronounced dead at the scene earlier this morning.

• Henry Butler, 60, operations shift leader, also a victim, is in stable condition at the OSU Medical Center

• Suspect, Nathaniel Brown, 51, custodial worker, sustained a self-inflicted gunshot at the scene and was transported to OSU Medical Center where he was pronounced dead on arrival

More than 1/2 dozen employees were working at the OSU Maintenance Building, 2000 Tuttle Park Place, when the suspect entered an office suite with a gun and began shooting. Those employees and other coworkers have been offered grief counseling.

The incident appears to be work related. Brown was hired in October 2009.

No offense to any LEO's on this board, I have utmost respect for you and what you do, but lets face it, in a murder situation, LEO's are just there to figure it out. Very, and I mean VERY rarely do LEO's actually STOP a murder.

No offense to any LEO's on this board, I have utmost respect for you and what you do, but lets face it, in a murder situation, LEO's are just there to figure it out. Very, and I mean VERY rarely do LEO's actually STOP a murder.

Nobody is stating otherwise.

The argument here is whether armed citizens would have the wherewithal to properly handle the attack.

This is why I avoid going anywhere I cannot carry. Police are not responsible for my safety, I AM. If I were in the situation this morning without a gun I have almost no chance of defending myself against the gunman. If I was carrying I at least have a better chance of defending myself. Given the circumstance maybe I would only have a second to draw to defend but that s still a better chance than without being armed.

Edited by chevysoldier

Well, if your of the type that feels safe with a gun, and has the initiative to go out, get a CCW, and all thats involved with the lifestyle that the majority of people I know who actually have one, they would be. I don't know anyone who has a CCW who doesn't go shoot regularly, and isn't what I'd call an on there toes kind of person who'd be able to think clearly in that type of situation. Hearing a gunshot doesn't even faze me. there are people out there who will panic and otherwise when a gun shot is heard. These people do not have CCW's and most often arn't interested in seeing a gun, let alone carrying one. On the other hand those that do have CCW's arn't bothered by gunshots. I believe the vast majority of CCW holders would semi calmly asses the situation, take cover, and go from there

Well, if your of the type that feels safe with a gun, and has the initiative to go out, get a CCW, and all thats involved with the lifestyle that the majority of people I know who actually have one, they would be. I don't know anyone who has a CCW who doesn't go shoot regularly, and isn't what I'd call an on there toes kind of person who'd be able to think clearly in that type of situation. Hearing a gunshot doesn't even faze me. there are people out there who will panic and otherwise when a gun shot is heard. These people do not have CCW's and most often arn't interested in seeing a gun, let alone carrying one. On the other hand those that do have CCW's arn't bothered by gunshots. I believe the vast majority of CCW holders would semi calmly asses the situation, take cover, and go from there

Agreed 100%.

Really? How do you get your groceries? I don't know any grocery stores that allow guns inside.

:lol:

My mom was at Meijer two weeks ago and some jackass dropped his CC piece on the floor and it shot some dude in the foot.

TRUE STORY

Really? How do you get your groceries? I don't know any grocery stores that allow guns inside.

:lol:

News to me. I havent seen a sign on any stores around here.

My mom was at Meijer two weeks ago and some jackass dropped his CC piece on the floor and it shot some dude in the foot.

TRUE STORY

Sorry, but I call bullshit. Was this on the news? Its rare that a gun goes bang from dropping it.

It was the maintenance building. Right next to the bus turn-around. It's barely classified as "on campus".

:confused: I thought it was at next to McCrackin.... I can see that building from the lab I work in... its next to the stadium and the work out facility. That seems like its on campus to me.

I dont think they work that early... or in that general area. ?

and this is the email we got:

University police provide update on campus shooting

Thanx MJ

Texted him, but hadn't heard anything back