Be careful out there

ohdaho

Almost got hit twice today. SUV and then a car took a right into my lane without seeing me. Despite both beams on, orange safety vest, and orange bike...no reaction from the drivers. Luckily I was able to swerve out of the way.

It was probably my uniform...damn ABUs work too well.

Stay safe and watch out for blind drivers. I dont think the cages are aware all the bikes are out.

It was probably my uniform...damn ABUs work too well.

Airman Battle Uniform? I'm not surprised they didn't see you.

Shoulda worn that Batman suit that someone posted up a few months ago..:D

Well, he WAS wearing a safety vest

I conveniently left that part out - made my line work a little better.

It's all in the timing and delivery, Matthew. Details just tend to muck things up...

Edited by jblosser
took out Lik's picture from my quote

thats when you pull up beside them and knock their mirrors off and ride away.

Or call the police and file a report

4511.20 Operation in willful or wanton disregard of the safety of persons or property.

(A) No person shall operate a vehicle, trackless trolley, or streetcar on any street or highway in willful or wanton disregard of the safety of persons or property.

And before someone asks

Wanton disregard: Legal phrase used in Negligence cases to describe one person's overwhelming lack of care for the rights or well-being of another. Wanton disregard of another's rights is evidence of Gross Negligence.

Yea I hate details...esp when girls tell me how old they are when I didnt care to ask.

Young (early, early 20's) nymphet in shorts and a wife beater said "excuse me, sir" at Kroger tonight.

I just <love> when that happens....:(

I've had two pull out in front of me since sat. all at low speeds, under 30 miles an hour. The first one was saturday. she pulled out and procded to turn again maybe 50 yards later with out a turn signal of course. The second was today, on my way home from work. young girl leaving school. Pulled out and relized and threw her hand up like she was embarissed what she did, but she continued to keep driving, so i reved at her. Hopefully she looks out more from now on.

Yep, seems like we turn invisible as soon as we get on our bikes. Got a new shirt to wear this year...hope it helps.

20090819_0271.jpg

That shirt is HILARIOUS!!! :lol:

And I had a car come left of center on me today. Forced me way down in the lane. People are blind!

Love the shirt! Wonder if it will work with all of those people who cannot even read? We already know that they can't drive! I like knocking off the mirrors best. They don't seem to be using them anyway.

Be safe out there.