Hey Eastern suburb and Lake county riders

TenTwelve

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the actual meet will be at the Valley View QSL on April 3rd at 1 pm. Check the thread dedicated to it for more info. In this thread I was just gauging interest on a meet-up of the Eastsiders to ride to the main meet. :)

I would be out riding if I didn't go back to work 5pm-2am. It sure did throw a wrench in the whole evening rides for me. Although it sure is nice to get a paycheck. Not this weekend but the next I'll be out and about. This weekend I have some bikes to work on and a tire to put on mine Sunday at some point. There just aren't enough hours in the day :mad:

Not exactly but I see how you can think of it that way.

It started as a pc gaming name and stuck. 1888 was because all the lost's I tried were taken. It was fitting with riding also because I never really have a destination planned until I started riding with other people. For some reason nobody just wants to go get lost. Now I have a gps so it's even less fitting. Oh well it's been what it is for a couple years now and won't change. Plus I'm not very creative and can't think of a new one.

I bet you didn't really give two shits anyways. :rolleyes:

So back to your regularly scheduled thread.

So if we meet in Mayfield Heights at Denny's/ Dick's/ Kohl's or whatever what everyone's thoughts on riding River rd. thru the park down to QSL. :dunno:

Other questions.

Who's leading this ride? ( I really would rather not lead!! I'm kind of sick of leading everybody every time I ride somewhere)

Whats the set time of said ride?

What will be the rules of the group? Or will he hash it out there? (Don't really feel like having the same issues we had last year. So lets get this out of the way now or later when we all meet up.)

Slight jack here but this might help.

If I think what your saying is what your saying. Then what I did was wire in a fused hot feed off my license plate light, ground to the battery, to a power outlet splitter in my tank bag. Then thru the tank bag, out the front to the gps mounted on a ram mount.

There's many different ways to do it.

Here some pics.

Soldered connection to the plate light.

100_4829Gimp2.jpg

Connections at the battery with a disconnect.

100_48272.jpg

All stowed away so it doesn't look like a mess.

100_48252.jpg

Up the tank There's a SAE plug under the magnet to disconnect.

100_48222.jpg

In the bag

100_48212.jpg

Out the front to the gps.

100_48322-1.jpg

Help any? :confused:

Edited by Lost1888