Info on Track Days.

Bluezx6r

Hello, I really wanna get into some track racing. I see that NESBA Excuse my spelling if its wrong. But i see that they offer a Free day of track time? Is this something i should look into? Plus, A friend of mine Wrecked my bike the other day and the plastics are broke:sad:... Will they allow me to ride on the track? thanks

is it a dealer 1500 or a or.net 1500? i would be willing to bet with the work of hoblick/attackpainter/and whoever else that they could fix it like new for less than half that cost.

other than that, you can run it naked, doesn't matter much for novice.

NESBA offers a free INTRO day. You get two, 20-minute sessions following a control rider. It's not a full free trackday, but it's worth doing to see how everything is run, and get your feet wet before you spend a bunch of money on full leathers, etc. I think it makes your first full day go a lot smoother too, as you're not worried about where to be and such.

the most appealing thing is that there is ZERO bike prep; not even taping lights and mirrors.

I've witnessed plenty of riders doing an intro session. They're run in conjunction with NESBA's "B" group. By nature, the first couple of sessions are pretty tame (full caution first 2 laps of each session), and the Control Riders don't let the intro riders get too aggressive given that their bike isn't taped, and the gear requirements aren't as strict.

BeaveRun april 17th would be your first (close) chance to do an Intro day with NESBA, and that would leave you one day shy of a month to get ready for the OH riders day at Gingerman with STT.

For those wanting to see the Damage.. Keep in mind it does not look as bad as it is.:nono:

26846_576125772677_50612770_33254191_2839276_n.jpg

26846_576125837547_50612770_33254193_7684207_n.jpg

The other side of the nose is cracked. And back behind that headlight the assembly is cracked. Ask wants 1200 Parts and like 300 labor to do the work.

you can ride it naked, but as others have noted, you will need to convince the tech inspection people that nothing is going to fly off at speed.

in your place, I'd drill holes along the edges of all the cracks and make some zip-tie "stitches"

if you're planning on replacing the broken pieces anyway, there's no harm in drilling some extra holes.

if you're more ambitious, you can pick up a cheap fiberglass kit at lowes ($20?) and try to fill in the gaps yourself. over-fill, and sand it down. It doesn't have to look pretty to pass tech.

Edited by redkow97

Yea i was thinking of using the zip-ties as well, But hopefully the guy who wrecked it for me will be buying me a new nose and headlight assembly within the Month i just may need it painted i was thinking of asking attack painter.

Hello, I really wanna get into some track racing. I see that NESBA Excuse my spelling if its wrong. But i see that they offer a Free day of track time? Is this something i should look into? Plus, A friend of mine Wrecked my bike the other day and the plastics are broke:sad:... Will they allow me to ride on the track? thanks

What year is your Kawi? I have a set of blue stock 636 bodywork I'd sell you cheap.....