1986 honda shadow vt1100

Doug

OK I BOUGHT THIS BIKE FROM A GUY I TRADED HIM MY BLAZER. ANYHOW IM LOST. I HAVE NO FRONT BRAKES I LOST MY LEFT SIDE MUFFLER ON ROUTE 33 ON MY WAY HOME AND MY HANDLE BARS SEEM TO BE A LITTLE CLOSER ON LEFT AND FURTHER ON RIGHT. I REALLY DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT BIKES DOES ANYONE KNOW A GREAT MECHNIC WITH REASONABLE PRICES? MY MAIN THING IM MOST CONCERNED ABOUT IS THE BRAKES BECAUSE THIS IS THE ONLY TRANSPORTATION I HAVE:flingpoo:

Front brakes should be relatively minor and easy to fix as the the system as a whole is pretty simple. I would try bleeding them first before I did anything else.

Your handlebar issue could be as simple as a bent handle bar or as serious as tweaked frame or fork. Lets hope its just the bars.

Muffler..... I would go back and look again. A replacement may be hard and pricey to find. Check Ebay for a replacement if you cant find yours :(

Had the brakes bleed one bleeder is bad and a guy said i needed the calibers and reservoir cleaned. Im clueless. The handle bars arent bent they sre basically not centered and i tried to find the exhaust the bike has harley pipes lol. The guy i got the bike from was a drunk that was about as clueless as me

OK I BOUGHT THIS BIKE FROM A GUY I TRADED HIM MY BLAZER. ANYHOW IM LOST. I HAVE NO FRONT BRAKES I LOST MY LEFT SIDE MUFFLER ON ROUTE 33 ON MY WAY HOME AND MY HANDLE BARS SEEM TO BE A LITTLE CLOSER ON LEFT AND FURTHER ON RIGHT. I REALLY DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT BIKES DOES ANYONE KNOW A GREAT MECHNIC WITH REASONABLE PRICES? MY MAIN THING IM MOST CONCERNED ABOUT IS THE BRAKES BECAUSE THIS IS THE ONLY TRANSPORTATION I HAVE:flingpoo:

I think after you find the Caps Lock button you should go back and knock is arse out with the muffler you still have for scamming you like that.

I have a 76 vt1100 and a few extra front end parts (My trike has a VT1100 Front end) As for the muffler I put on a set of shortys from JC Whitney and have the old mufflers (The seller told me thats where he got the old mufflers) If you arn't too far away you can have the mufflers and maybe I can dig up some of the front end parts you need. Don't really want to work on the bike (too many projects)

Art: 740-819-4111

I have a 76 vt1100 and a few extra front end parts (My trike has a VT1100 Front end) As for the muffler I put on a set of shortys from JC Whitney and have the old mufflers (The seller told me thats where he got the old mufflers) If you arn't too far away you can have the mufflers and maybe I can dig up some of the front end parts you need. Don't really want to work on the bike (too many projects)

Art: 740-819-4111

i just paid 300 for some new mufflers but i would gladly accept any extra parts u may have

I think I have 2 sets of risers (one stock, one tall) and two different handlebars that I bought for my shadow ('99 1100) and ended up not using. I'd let you have any of those cheap if you'd have a use for them. If you have bent bars/ risers, these might work on yours.

EDIT: Having re-read your posts, you can probably just re-center your bars if they're not bent. Just take an allen wrench to the tops of the risers till they're loose, then wiggle the bars to the side until they're square. Might want to have a buddy hold the front end straight so you can accurately get a feel for it.

Edited by Aerik