New to the board, hello all!

Kyle_99_gtp

Hello everyone! I'd like to introduce myself, my name is Kyle, and I own a 2004 GS500F. I signed up on here when I got the bike last fall but forgot all about this forum :o

It's nothing special, but it's my first bike and I love it for that reason. So far I've concentrated on the way the bike looks, since it's not really a fast bike to begin with. I'm the second owner of the bike and when I got it, it needed a new rear tire, the front fairing was messed up a little and the left fairing also had some damage. I was told the bike was never dropped, but instead hit the tracks on someone's garage door...Anyhow I went to work pretty quickly on fixing it up. Replaced the rear tire with a Metzeler Lasertec and changed the oil, then got to riding.

Since then I've replaced the front fairing, and replaced the rear fairings with blue colormatched fairings from a 2005. It looks a lot better than the pearlish white that was stock. Got some nice carbon fiber bar ends as well. I installed "carbon fiber" flush mounts on the front and got a Clear Alternatives LED tail/brake light with integrated turn signals for the rear, Got reflective wheel tape for the wheels, chopped up the part of the rear fender in the back to clean it up and relocated some reflectors. I'd like to get CF brake and clutch levers and a CF tank guard as well.

As far as the motor goes, it's not really a fast bike, but I did install a K&N filter, I'm looking for a CF slip on pipe, and I plan on rejetting the carbs once I find a pipe. I'm also going to go with a -1/+1 sprocket setup. It should be a bit quicker then. Even though it's pretty slow for a bike it's a blast to ride in the twisties.

Here's a few pictures of the progress so far...

Here's what it looked like when I first got it (except the wheel tape):

0910220b.jpg

And here's how it sits now:

DSC_0227.jpg

DSC_0182.jpg

DSC_0235.jpg

Anyhow, I look forward to talk with everyone here and maybe even going on some rides. My dad is also a bike guy, he has a 2000 V-max and 2006 (I think) FJR1300, and I'm sure he'd like to get out and put some miles on his bikes too.

Welcome...Nice looking GS. Its pretty obvious you take good care of her!!!

Where about's in NEO are you located?

Thanks, and yeah, I'm one of those "attention to detail" kind of guys.

I'm in Canton for school right now, but I live in Southington. Looking to move to the Akron/Cuyahoga Falls area sometime in the late summer early fall.

Hello and nice bike. Furthest east I usually make it around these parts is Nelson, Mantua, Hiram... Been threw Southington (534) several times. But just to meet up with some riders going east into Pa.

See you around.

Welcome. My first bike was 1993 Suzuki GS500E great bike to learn on and fun to ride. I still have it, rebuilt it and painted it this winter. It will be back on the road this summer after after 15 years in the garage.

The GS is nice because its easy on the wallet (price, gas, and insurance) and they're not too bad looking either. You have any pictures of it? I like full fairing bikes, but naked GS's look pretty good.

Hello and nice bike. Furthest east I usually make it around these parts is Nelson, Mantua, Hiram... Been threw Southington (534) several times. But just to meet up with some riders going east into Pa.

See you around.

Thanks! Nelson has some fun roads, Nelson Road before it crosses 422 has few nice turns. I'm up that way a lot actually, my girlfriend god to Hiram College. You're not missing anything in Southington though :o

Where do you ride in PA? I've got a lot of family in the New Castle/North Jackson area, there's a lot of nice places to ride over that way.

Thanks! Nelson has some fun roads, Nelson Road before it crosses 422 has few nice turns. I'm up that way a lot actually, my girlfriend god to Hiram College. You're not missing anything in Southington though :o

Where do you ride in PA? I've got a lot of family in the New Castle/North Jackson area, there's a lot of nice places to ride over that way.

Over to the Kinzua Dam, Laurel Highlands, Ohio Pyle, basically western PA. I like riding in Pa. There are some really nice clean roads and beautiful scenery.

Over to the Kinzua Dam, Laurel Highlands, Ohio Pyle, basically western PA. I like riding in Pa. There are some really nice clean roads and beautiful scenery.

I'd like to go out to western PA this summer. So far I've only gone on 2 longer rides, both to the Calcutta/East Liverpool area, into WV for about 5 miles, then heading back home through PA.

Welcome! I didn't do anything to my GS, I knew I'd be off of it in no time. As far as exhaust and anything goes, I knew it wasn't fast or going to be... so I left it stock and rolled around like a bosss

... but to each their own

Welcome! I didn't do anything to my GS, I knew I'd be off of it in no time. As far as exhaust and anything goes, I knew it wasn't fast or going to be... so I left it stock and rolled around like a bosss

... but to each their own

Haha well it's not like I want to try to pretend it's fast or anything (I love seeing GSF's with big "R" stickers on them, cant help but laugh), but I'm stuck with it until I get out of school (at least 2 more years). I just want it to be a bit more enjoyable to ride/nicer to look at. In my opinion the stock can looks goofy, it's too big for such a small bike. I'd really like to get a Daytona 675 or a R6 but I've got to get through school and get a decent job first. Plus I'm giving the GS to my girl once I get a new bike and I know she's going to want it to look good :cool: like a boss.