Tentative ride home for Easter

CBRzach

If the weather holds out and its not terribly cold, I'm considering riding the 'blade home for Easter.

What do you guys think of this route? I couldn't do straight highways for 500 miles so I decided to head south a bit and shoot across West Virginia on Rt. 50 and back up to PA.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=116167649079165310946.0004827d5ccd3d90bfb5b&ll=39.718543,-83.947563&spn=0.181424,0.308647&z=12

Looks like 15-16 hours. I'd slab it to Wheeling to save time, take a break, and then drop off onto PA 30/11 for fun, and take freeway around Harrisburg to skip traffic. Save the ride through WV for on the way back maybe. That's a two day ride for most people. But ok if you're rested up after holidays, I think...

Dunno, it's a gutsy ride either way. Hope the weather holds out for you.

Looks like 15-16 hours. I'd slab it to Wheeling to save time, take a break, and then drop off onto PA 30/11 for fun, and take freeway around Harrisburg to skip traffic. Save the ride through WV for on the way back maybe. That's a two day ride for most people. But ok if you're rested up after holidays, I think...

Dunno, it's a gutsy ride either way. Hope the weather holds out for you.

15-16?

Damn...google maps said 10 lol

15-16?

Damn...google maps said 10 lol

8 to 10 on freeway? 12 to 14 on that route? 14 to 16 on a motorcycle with stops?

I'm looking again...

8 on freeway straight there. 11 off freeway straight there. Ehhh, 11 off freeway through WV also.

So maybe 11 plus any stops then (and Easter traffic). But that's moving right along.

Honestly, going anywhere, if averaging 50-60mph with stops for fuel and such, that's doing pretty good.

And that would be minimum stops, just fuel and a quick snack. 600 miles would be 10-12 hours minimum.

I reckon that's at posted limits though. But still, I can drive 1200 miles to Florida at night, and it's 22 to 24 hours no matter how fast traffic is moving.

Edit: Your ride is the same as going from Xenia to Atlanta, GA... for distance...

Edited by ReconRat

If the weather holds out and its not terribly cold, I'm considering riding the 'blade home for Easter.

What do you guys think of this route? I couldn't do straight highways for 500 miles so I decided to head south a bit and shoot across West Virginia on Rt. 50 and back up to PA.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=116167649079165310946.0004827d5ccd3d90bfb5b&ll=39.718543,-83.947563&spn=0.181424,0.308647&z=12

Have a safe trip watch the weather

Looks like one heck of a trip to me. Last year the bro-in-law rode his BMW 650 home from Denver to Coshocton in two days. It was neat that he had a GPS tracker on his bike and we could log onto a site and follow his trip to and from.

Be safe and hope you have fun.