Ride Saturday?

Harb67

Anyone up for hitting some twisties on Saturday? I know the Dyno Day is going on, but I havn't had a good ride yet this year and I don't need my bike dynoed again. The weather looks to be pretty good; chance of rain later in the afternoon/evening but that shouldn't be a problem if we get an early start.

If anyone is already planning a ride and wouldn't mind another person coming along, let me know. I'm game for more or less anywhere within a reasonable ride from Columbus (Coshocton or Hocking come to mind)

Otherwise I'll probably strike out on my own towards Hocking County. If anyone would like to come along you're more then welcome to do so. I'll probably ride a route I'm pretty familiar with, but I havn't been out there yet this year so I'll be erring more on the side of caution than sheer speed because who knows what sorts of goodies winter has left on the road.

I'm hoping to ride later in the day Saturday, gotta run up to IP first thing and buy two new fricken tires, got a nail in my rear and a little rock jammed in the front!

Gonna try and be first one serviced, not sure how long it takes to put on two new tires, never had it done yet.

The weather tomorrow is looking to be really hit-or-miss: 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms from 1 to 3, then 30% chance of light showers until 7 in the evening. I realize that 30% is TWC's way of saying "we really have no idea what's going to happen", and if I don't go then it will most assuredly be bright and sunny all day without a drop of rain...so I'm going to take my chances and ride :)

I'm thinking a 10 AM meeting time. Unless anyone has any better ideas for a meeting spot, I'm thinking the 7 Eleven (3700 South Hamilton Road, Groveport, OH) just north of the 33/S Hamilton Road junction would be a decent spot as it's more or less on the way from Columbus to Hocking. I'll show up there at 10 and leave at 10:15; look for the guy wearing black leathers on the blue Ninja 650r. Cell number is three-three-zero-6-0-3-six-7-8-six.

I'll post the route in a little bit. It's not the most technical ride but I've done the route many times and I always have a blast.

*edit*

Click here for the route on Google Maps

That's the 'basic' version of the route and it essentially ends at McConnelsville; the route north from there to Zanesville (to get to 70) is rather boring although quite scenic...it's just the easiest way back to Columbus. I have other iterations that continue on longer (such as this one), and depending on the weather, road conditions, and how everyone feels during the ride we can continue on further.

Edited by Harb67

I'll be at Dyno day. Have a good ride.

Thanks, have fun at the Dyno day :) I've got nothing against the event or anyone going, I'm just not really the 'hang out and bullshit for a few hours'-type social person...I'm more the 'stand around awkwardly and quietly stare at all the shiny bikes'-type. Plus, knowing Ohio there will be a chance of snow (or brimstone, or a monsoon of raccoons) for the next 3 weekends so I wanna jump on this potentially beautiful day :D

Just got up and checked the forecast and it it's now a lot more certain that there'll be rain early this afternoon.

I'm going to push this back one day and head out tomorrow at the same time I was planning for today. Looks to be a much nicer day, and since this is only a 200-250 mile ride it'll be over with plenty of time to get home for Easter dinner :)

Edited by Harb67

Yeah I checked the weather and saw it was going to get crappy by early/mid afternoon. At about that time I'd already be on 78 or 555, both of which are plenty interesting without the added 'fun' of rain.

Tomorrow though....gunna be a good day :D

I was out for a little bit, got my new tires on at the pony this morning then rode over to dyno day,

its way to windy to be riding today plus the impending rain, so I'm back home, definitely gonna get out tomorrow and put some miles on the new rubber!

I was out for a little bit' date=' got my new tires on at the pony this morning then rode over to dyno day,

its way to windy to be riding today plus the impending rain, so I'm back home, definitely gonna get out tomorrow and put some miles on the new rubber![/quote']

Nice, new tires are always awesome :) Nothing short of severe thunderstorms will keep me off the roads tomorrow; you should come out and scrub those new donuts in :D

Nice, new tires are always awesome :) Nothing short of severe thunderstorms will keep me off the roads tomorrow; you should come out and scrub those new donuts in :D

Gotta take it easy on the new tires for abit, gonna spend tomorrow on a leisurely ride with the wife. Will have more fun next week ;)