5am critical crash on S Hamilton - Friday

ReconRat

Motorcyclist Critical After Crash On SB Hamilton Road

Sounds like car turned from wrong lane. Both were going Southbound.

edit: or the bike rear ended the car when it slowed.

That's right, no helmet.

edit: that's in Columbus...

Edited by ReconRat

RIP RIDER.......when the hell are going to realize that thee are two wheelers out here,,Cagers just dont pay attention to their surrounding which means we cyclist have two do it for them.

without knowing the circumstances of the accident, it's a bit premature to assume that the driver 'didn't pay attention.'

It's sad regardless of the circumstances.

We try to promote Motorist Awareness , but we can't get them all to pay attention , I hate to hear about these things ,

We just have to do our best to watch out for the ones that wont' watch out for us ,

I know sometimes we don't have time or even see them .

RIP , my prayers for his family

wow....4 wrecks in the last 24hrs

be safe everyone

RIP

my thought exactly! What the heck is going on? stop wrecking people!

without knowing the circumstances of the accident, it's a bit premature to assume that the driver 'didn't pay attention.

true... Ride like you're invisible... it's not a far assumption from absolutely accurate

Edited by magley64

I'm not saying that the driver WASN'T at fault, I'm just cautioning people not to get all militant against the cager before they know the facts.

the rider could have plowed into the back of the car without the driver doing anything wrong.

The rider could have been making an illegal pass, and the driver turned (legally) into his path.

There are lots of "could have" scenarios (including the rider wearing a fucking helmet) that might have changed the outcome here.

without more details, it's premature to be placing any blame.

I'm not saying that the driver WASN'T at fault, I'm just cautioning people not to get all militant against the cager before they know the facts.

the rider could have plowed into the back of the car without the driver doing anything wrong.

The rider could have been making an illegal pass, and the driver turned (legally) into his path.

There are lots of "could have" scenarios (including the rider wearing a fucking helmet) that might have changed the outcome here.

without more details, it's premature to be placing any blame.

There are a few dangerous hooligan's out there on 2 wheels, that's for sure. I hope and pray that hearing of fatalities help them to do the right thing and ride responsibly. I HATE to hear of another rider dying doing what we all love.

RIP Rider.

It was on the news as both traveling South on Hamilton and the car turned. Sounds like a classic case of a car turning in front of a bike. I was going North on Winchester Pike and they had it all blocked off.

When I came up to Refugee I had a car going South decide to turn left across the road in front of me and almost got me. Grabbed the brakes and locked the rear missing him by about 3 feet.... thinking today might not be a good day to be riding.... :(

It was on the news as both traveling South on Hamilton and the car turned. Sounds like a classic case of a car turning in front of a bike. I was going North on Winchester Pike and they had it all blocked off.

possibly. could have also been the car slowed down quickly to turn at the last minute and the rider wasn't paying close enough attention and rear ended him. I didn't see any info on how they hit.

regardless of who was at fault, it's disheartening to see this rash of accidents the last couple of days. :(

be careful out there.

RIP RIDER.......when the hell are going to realize that thee are two wheelers out here,,Cagers just dont pay attention to their surrounding which means we cyclist have two do it for them.

Let me first say I'm sorry to hear about the rider.

Now let me address your comment "when the hell are going to realize that thee are two wheelers out here". People are NOT going to change,

its only getting worse, riders are outnumbered by cages, therefore it IS your responsibilty as a rider to do everything YOU can to try and stay alive!

It fuckin bothers the hell out of me to see people wear all black, modify their headlights and turn signals and shit then fucking blame the cars when they get hit.

Its not a goddamn fashion show out there, wear brighter gear, ride with brights on and expect the unexpected folks!

For every 5 cars driving down the road, 3 of them are probably on the damn phone! So take it upon yourself to HELP THEM see you!

- wear a white helmet

- wear bright gear

- ride with your brights on

- don't fuckin replace your nice big turn signals and brake lights with little fucking LED's!

[/rant]

Edited by SWing'R

it IS your responsibilty as a rider to do everything YOU can to try and stay alive!

It fuckin bothers the hell out of me to see people wear all black' date=' modify their headlights and turn signals and shit then fucking blame the cars when they get hit.

Its not a goddamn fashion show out there, wear brighter gear, ride with brights on and expect the unexpected folks!

[/quote']

imaginary rep for you, sir.

My Uncle Doug was in the accident yesterday morning. First, please do not speculate if you are unaware of the circumstances. Second, thank you for all that sent prayers and condolences. I need to clear up the air here.

My Uncle is very much alive and is in the ICU currently.

He was riding to work early Friday when a 60+ woman turned left off of Hamilton Road in front of him causing the accident. My Uncle T-Boned the car and he flew from his bike.

From what we hear, the woman should not have been driving due to mental and physical disabilities. Now, with that said. Who's fault is it now? Do not blame my uncle and do not say that he is inexperienced. The woman and he are about the same age.

Let me just say that it is of the utmost importance, no matter who you are, to pay attention! How long have bikes been on the road? How big does a headlight have to be for someone to see it? If we look left and right behind us before passing a car; can we have the same courtesy for those who ride? This woman got a dent in her passenger door!

Prayers are appreciated but please keep your comments to yourself if you don't know what you are talking about.

P.S. Who said what he was wearing, other than a helmet that is Not Required by Ohio law. Now, I am not going to be a hypocrite because I do not wear one when I ride but if it's not the law then it's not.

He is one of the smartest people that I know. Do not underestimate who he is because you think you know what happened.

Thank you and may God and your loved ones be with you if you ever experience a life altering situation like this.

Glad he is alive! The rumor mill had some trouble figuring that one out.

Didn't help either that the TV news got it wrong.

Being in the ICU is better than the alternitive, hope he recovers soon!

Thanks for the update.

Edited by Strictly Street

Let me first say I'm sorry to hear about the rider.

Now let me address your comment "when the hell are going to realize that thee are two wheelers out here". People are NOT going to change' date='

its only getting worse, riders are outnumbered by cages, therefore it IS your responsibilty as a rider to do everything YOU can to try and stay alive!

It fuckin bothers the hell out of me to see people wear all black, modify their headlights and turn signals and shit then fucking blame the cars when they get hit.

For every 5 cars driving down the road, 3 of them are probably on the damn phone! So take it upon yourself to HELP THEM see you!

- wear a white helmet

- wear bright gear

- ride with your brights on

- don't fuckin replace your nice big turn signals and brake lights with [b']little fucking LED's!

[/rant]

First, let me say that I'm sorry to hear that your head is straight up your ass. You just reiterated exactly what Rick said - only it took you way too many words to do it.

Stop 'addressing comments' and just speak your own mind.