loud exhaust

cOoTeR

I just installed my hotbodies undertail exhaust on to my CBR 1000. It's loud. It seems louder at 25 and 35 than at highway speeds. My concern is when cruising through a small town at 30 mph I'm gonna draw a lot of attention.

Who has a loud exhaust have you ever been ticketed for it and where?

I've been followed by several cops this week around Alum Creek Lake (where they really don't have anything to do except look for anything to ticket someone for) and no problems. I don't think they care too much as long as you drive like a normal person and don't open it up too much.

I have loud ass pipes on the 51, and have never had an issue. Unless you are running open headers, I doubt you'd get ganked just for loud pipes while running about. Now, if you're blowing through some residential areas routinely and someone calls on it, then you might be 'sought after' in that area. I have found my pipes work better than a horn most times.

I've never has a problem either.

Just keep the RPM's down in residential areas.

:lol: All the replies have come from v-twin owners.

Yeah, an angry hornet tied to a trumpet isn't going to happen to an I4 unless the rpm's hit 10,000 plus. I'll roar north of 5,000.:D

I just installed my hotbodies undertail exhaust on to my CBR 1000. It's loud. It seems louder at 25 and 35 than at highway speeds. My concern is when cruising through a small town at 30 mph I'm gonna draw a lot of attention.

Who has a loud exhaust have you ever been ticketed for it and where?

I've got the same exhaust on my 636, and while I love it (looks and sound wise), it is loud as FUCK. The drone around 4-5k can get pretty bad, but you're right, at higher rpm's its not nearly as bad. Because of this I find myself cruising at higher rpm's than I probably normally would. I used to wear ear plugs, but not any more. The only time I do now is if I'm going on a really long ride/freeway ride.

Completely forgot my point of this post haha. I've been followed by plenty of cops, and because of the exhaust my license plate is mounted sideways down by my tire...without a light. I know this is probably a bad idea, but it's how I bought the bike, and no cops have ever given me any kind of trouble.

Edited by Bigbird

I have the hotbodies exhaust on my 6r and I've never had a problem or really a second look from cops. Just be light on the throttle in places where you don't wanna be too loud. I know i can find a spot even in the lower rpm's the wont drone on. Like someone else said no ticket for just exhaust but if you're hauling ass through an area you will be noticed more.