Dyno Day pics/vids

max power

Mine only did 118Hp 76ft. lbs. Tq. to the wheel. Brian said the barometric pressure was screwing with the numbers today. Not that I'm making excuses. Those are pretty respectable numbers and I'm just glad to have my air/fuel ratio straitened out.

shawn...i may need your assistance getting my a/f worked out man! lol

gonna post up on that vmax site and see what they think i need to adjust it correctly though...your numbers put my bike to shame... 94hp/71ft-lbs all you have over me is a full exhaust instead of slip-ons right?

lol True, But its like our Mustangs they are the same car but a 98 has less horse than a 04 Same motor newer parts, better design. I dunno I may just be crazy though. lol but good luck anyways. By the way nice shoei when the hell did you get it?

lol True, But its like our Mustangs they are the same car but a 98 has less horse than a 04 Same motor newer parts, better design. I dunno I may just be crazy though. lol but good luck anyways. By the way nice shoei when the hell did you get it?

my bike and his are rated the same...its literally the same thing lol....98 and 99 mustangs had different heads/cams/intake....picked up the new helmet today...got a nasty neck ache on the way home from my oversized helmet and that nasty wind so i stopped and got a proper fitting helmet

Until 2007, the original V-Max was offered for sale through the Star Motorcycles division of Yamaha Motorcycles. Apart from a minor freshening to the bike's specifications in 1993, when the bike gained a larger-diameter fork to minimize high-speed wobbling and drift, four-piston brake calipers, and other handling and safety related upgrades, the 2007 V-Max was almost the same as the original 1985 version.
Edited by Steve Butters

shawn...i may need your assistance getting my a/f worked out man! lol

gonna post up on that vmax site and see what they think i need to adjust it correctly though...your numbers put my bike to shame... 94hp/71ft-lbs all you have over me is a full exhaust instead of slip-ons right?

What was your A/F? I have a full system, jet, K&N and some minor tweakage.

Mine only did 118Hp 76ft. lbs. Tq. to the wheel. Brian said the barometric pressure was screwing with the numbers today. Not that I'm making excuses. Those are pretty respectable numbers and I'm just glad to have my air/fuel ratio straitened out.

Man, if I had a V that pulled that low a number I'd just start swingin! There's no way that beauty puts out lower than 130 and if the dyno's that far out, what's the point. Nobody's posting their output numbers so I can't tell. Glad everyone had a great time, though, and it was only $20 a pull.

Yep. All stock. Prolly put the PC3 on tomorrow. Waiting on a KN air filter to get here too.

Brian said everybody was running a little weak due to the humidity and low barometric pressure. It ran 128hp 2 years ago.