Dyno Day pics/vids

max power

Yep. All stock. Prolly put the PC3 on tomorrow. Waiting on a KN air filter to get here too.

Brian said everybody was running a little weak due to the humidity and low barometric pressure. It ran 128hp 2 years ago.

That's the reason I don't put a whole lot of stock in the actual numbers, as much as the delta from tuning changes being made. There are too many variables to be accounted for, unless the conditions are very tightly controlled, such as baro pressure, temp, humidity, calibration tolerances, etc...

My opinion is that the dyno is much better at measuring differences than anything, which is what is really needed when doing a tune, anyway!

Man, if I had a V that pulled that low a number I'd just start swingin! There's no way that beauty puts out lower than 130 and if the dyno's that far out, what's the point. Nobody's posting their output numbers so I can't tell. Glad everyone had a great time, though, and it was only $20 a pull.

Its still better than last year when it was rich off the charts. I dont put alot of stock in the Hp numbers since it seemed to have alot of wheelspin, I was mostly interested in the A/F numbers. I had to change jets last summer and had to wait til now to know if it was close. It still needs some tweaking between 4-5k where its lean. It runs great with the V-Boost opened up. Maybe I need to mod it to have it open at 3k instead of 6k.

Man, if I had a V that pulled that low a number I'd just start swingin! There's no way that beauty puts out lower than 130 and if the dyno's that far out, what's the point. Nobody's posting their output numbers so I can't tell. Glad everyone had a great time, though, and it was only $20 a pull.

I had my GSXR on the dyno 2 days ago and was putting out the same numbers as it did when I bought the dyno back in 07. (145-147) These are actual numbers and the not the inflated STD corrected numbers that you are used to seeing on Dyno Jets. It did not help that the Baro was less then 29 most of the day.

Hay brian have to hook up with you soon to have you tune my bike because my numbers where way ofo . Last year at dyno day bone stock i pulled 162.4 and have since changed to a full m10 exhaust and pc3 and k&n air filter and the gipro retard eliminator and i only pulled a 156 ( almost cried ) so ill be giving you a call soon to schedule a tune . give me a pm on the price if you could . Thanks man

Who's black/gold R1 is that? It's the HOTNESS!!:bow:

Yesterday morning at IP/YamahaOfColumbus I saw on the sales floor a 2010 FZ6R in black and gold, it was sweet, here's the stock photo...

2010_FZ6R_Black.jpg

Rode the Hypermotard 1100 out as I was curious about numbers...

It put down 78HP and 68lbft.... ok numbers from an all stock, air cooled, 2-valve, twin!

Factory spec says 90HP (at crank I assume) so minus 10-12% for drivetrain loss and that number sounds right to me.

Mikes Monster 900 (carburated Ducati 904cc air cooled, 2-valve twin) put down a very good 71-72HP I believe.

I also watched 2 ZX10R's run... the higher mileage bike making 137HP (pipe only) and I believe a stock (black/pink/purple) one made 145-147HP. As I'm a nice guy I'm not going to callout the owner of the "weaker" 10R but it did lose to a girl's bike! :rolleyes:

Stock mine has 145HP listed...if I would have had more miles on it, I would have put it on the dyno too, but was too worried since it only has 750 miles on it. Never knew that there is actually less HP than what is listed as stock. :confused:

Stock mine has 145HP listed...if I would have had more miles on it, I would have put it on the dyno too, but was too worried since it only has 750 miles on it. Never knew that there is actually less HP than what is listed as stock. :confused:

Oh yea....true HP called RWHP(Rear wheel horsepower), the power you are putting to the ground and using, is what you really want to know. The HP factories list are from the motor. Well, once all that power transfers to the back tire it is reduced because of everything that the motor has to do before the power gets to the rear wheel. The wheel itself will rob some hp too because of it's weight and the power needed to move it. The rwhp reading is when all of that is said and done and the REAL power is on the ground moving you.

Edited by NinjaNick

Uff...if nobody would worry about that then we could ALL just go by the engine HP...lol :rolleyes:

Confusing for sure... but I'll help you out!

If your bike's rated at 145HP crank and dyno's measure at the rear wheel, so subtract 10% drivetrain loss from 145... that 14.5... call it 15 to make the math easy and you should pull around 130HP on a dyno.

If you are seeing 130RWHP or better on a dyno... you've got a "hot motor" and should be happy! :)

(and fyi - not all dyno's are calibrated the same so shop to shop will post different results, if using a dyno in the future to tune your bike, use the same one for consistant results!)

anyone know what those older r6's did?

My old 2000 R6 pulled 104hp with Irvens jet kit and full exhaust.. That was back when I lived in NC..

Those pics of the bikes were cool! I need to get my little NSR/NSF on the dyno again!

Edited by fireman_343

Confusing for sure... but I'll help you out!

If your bike's rated at 145HP crank and dyno's measure at the rear wheel, so subtract 10% drivetrain loss from 145... that 14.5... call it 15 to make the math easy and you should pull around 130HP on a dyno.

If you are seeing 130RWHP or better on a dyno... you've got a "hot motor" and should be happy! :)

(and fyi - not all dyno's are calibrated the same so shop to shop will post different results, if using a dyno in the future to tune your bike, use the same one for consistant results!)

not all bikes are 10% loss...stock vmax is rated at 145 and they usually see 105-110 stock to the wheel... theres a lot of factors that play into it, shaft/chain/belt, weight, etc

anyone know what those older r6's did?

Mine only pulled a 94 on the HP due to the new jet kit(It pulled a 98 last year w/o kit). Brian said I was running lean so I'm gonna get with Weez to fix that problem. Hope to get it re-Dynoed later this season.

Mine only pulled a 94 on the HP due to the new jet kit(It pulled a 98 last year w/o kit). Brian said I was running lean so I'm gonna get with Weez to fix that problem. Hope to get it re-Dynoed later this season.

You should get it re-dynoed after Jags, Todd, and me rip that shit apart. I'm highly considering putting the Two Bros/K&N canned map in the PC3 and putting in back on the dyno to see what happens. Wouldn't mind some company.