New Girl

Ms. J

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks JulieJulieJulie and cmoosego for checking out CL for me. I have been looking on there. Most that I like are too far away, but I am still looking. Maybe over the next few weeks some will post closer to home.

Thanks JulieJulieJulie and cmoosego for checking out CL for me. I have been looking on there. Most that I like are too far away, but I am still looking. Maybe over the next few weeks some will post closer to home.
if you find one up around c-bus I'd be glad to pick it up for you and bring it down to cincy .... My family lives in west clermont county

this from the guy who totaled both a 500 and a 650 in the same year...:D

Yeah, thanks douche. My boredom made me push myself more and more...leading to wrecking both of them. I don't plan on slowing down, only becoming better.

welcome! have you thought about a suzuki gs500 ? they are just a tad more powerful than a 250 and not as intimidating as a 600

I looked at one yesterday that was at a REALLY good price, but I like the style of the Ninja's better. I figure, I have waited a long time for a bike. Might as well get what I want instead of settling for something else.

Yeah, thanks douche. My boredom made me push myself more and more...leading to wrecking both of them. I don't plan on slowing down, only wrecking harder and faster.

Fixed that for you. Not slowing down lead me to wreck the Kat, a mistake I didn't make again when taking the RR on the same run. I think you would be better as a rider dropping it down a notch. Or, if you aren't willing to do that, do it on the track in a controlled environment.

Fixed that for you. Not slowing down lead me to wreck the Kat, a mistake I didn't make again when taking the RR on the same run. I think you would be better as a rider dropping it down a notch. Or, if you aren't willing to do that, do it on the track in a controlled environment.

:lol: funny stuff cheechy

you might as well talk to a wall dude, cypress is going for the record, he wants to wreck every cc of bike out there before he dies...:D

I can't argue with this, you're right, Cheech. I planned on starting track days this spring...but then got volun-told to go over to Afghanistan. On the other hand, if anyone here says they go the speediing limit while riding country roads is a complete liar. I only pushed myself like many other people have done before on this site.

• 3 weeks later...
I can't argue with this, you're right, Cheech. I planned on starting track days this spring...but then got volun-told to go over to Afghanistan. On the other hand, if anyone here says they go the speediing limit while riding country roads is a complete liar. I only pushed myself like many other people have done before on this site.

I only do the speed limit while riding country roads:p

The 250 Ninjas are fine bikes, but you WILL grow out of it quick if you are like most riders. I started with a 2004 Ninja 250, it was very forgiving to noob mistakes and easy to ride...you just have to rev that bike to death to get it to move. So, it lasted 1 season and now I am riding a Z750s. I am glad I started on a smaller bike, but kinda wished I would have bought a Ninja 500 or GS500F for the first bike as they won't bore you quite as quick and IMO are better for riding on the highway. So my recommendation...if you are buying for looks, then get a 2008 or newer Ninja 250R...if you want to really learn how to ride get a used Ninja 500 that you won't mind dropping once or twice and getting a scratch on while you practice. Good luck with whichever bike you get!!

Edited by drew95gt

Hey all! I ended up buying a 09 Ninja 500 almost 3 weeks ago. I am in love! It doesn't seem too powerful, but I have only been riding around home and not over 60mph. I am a new rider so trying to get to know the bike and how to ride. Having a lot of fun so far!