I had to share this.... How not to park a bike

Casper

I <3 my center stand, and use it ALOT, but I've never done that...

I think that guy wins a moron award, but I understand how it can happen (to morons).

I'm betting he didn't have the bike straight up and down - probably leaning toward him a bit. Then when the stand picked up the bike, it 'fell' toward the other leg of the stand. Even a slight nudge would put it at risk of toppling away from him at that point.

I think that guy wins a moron award, but I understand how it can happen (to morons).

I'm betting he didn't have the bike straight up and down - probably leaning toward him a bit. Then when the stand picked up the bike, it 'fell' toward the other leg of the stand. Even a slight nudge would put it at risk of toppling away from him at that point.

yeah, I'm extra careful when setting mine up... push the centerstand peg down, then rock it a little to make sure both feet are touching, then pop it up.

WTF was that guy doing? He was on flat concrete and just had to put kickstand down. :lol:

It almost seemed like he decided he wanted to change the the angle/direction it was facing when it sat on the stand....

either way, complete MORON!

But, good for a laugh! :lol:

gawd, memories... Brit bikes would snap the center stand up if they leaned a small amount. So picture me setting BSAs in a row, and one snaps the center stand up and wobbles over and taps the next one, and it's center stand snaps up. And I'm holding one in each hand, and looking at a row of a dozen BSAs, waiting to fall over. And bike two is already touching bike three.

Help... a little help here... (louder) .... serious, a little help over here!

we fixed it...

I also love my center stand, but I don't use it when I'm just parking it somewhere, I mainly use it just for maintenance, or when parking it for a longer time.

I also use the "rock to feel both sides of it" method to make sure that it sits on the stand properly.

gawd, memories... Brit bikes would snap the center stand up if they leaned a small amount. So picture me setting BSAs in a row, and one snaps the center stand up and wobbles over and taps the next one, and it's center stand snaps up. And I'm holding one in each hand, and looking at a row of a dozen BSAs, waiting to fall over. And bike two is already touching bike three.

Help... a little help here... (louder) .... serious, a little help over here!

we fixed it...

I think I could just about picture this happening to you!

Man my old VX-800 had a center stand. Loved it for the garage but I do feel that boy's pain (and embarrassment)

I'm not entirely uncoordinated, yet even putting my gixxer on a rear stand by myself is a somewhat risky maneuver for me, but in my defense I'm a certified retard (or so my ex wife's court paper's say..and she did present A LOT of evidence to the court)

Ever seen the Goldwing's auto center stand or whatever the F it's called? Cool shit.