Looking for a GPS

danballa

Hey guys/gals,

I'm looking for a GPS that has spoken street names, blue-tooth, Lane guidance, multiple point routing, MP3 player, and be able to have routes d/l to it from a computer. 4.3 size please.

I don't really care about mounting, waterproof, shock resistant, traffic, or stuff like that, as the majority of time that it will be used, it will be kept in a tank bag, or jacket pocket.

I don't want to spend a fortune either, $200. or less would be great. The cheaper the better, as I don't expect it to be used too much. I'd rather put my money towards maintenance or upgrades on my bike, or gear.

Thanks for any suggestions.

You're expecting too much for that price... you can get TTS (street names), routes/multi-point, and possibly BT for under 200...

The rest bumps up the price by quite a bit... unless someone here has one they're dying to give away...

yeah good luck..

i have been searching for a gps that will just do route planning..

plan my route on the computer and transfer to the gps..

the only ones besides the garmin zumos are the garmin 765 series and up.

so your looking atleast at about $300 used and up

So I was looking up that 765t that Hoblick suggested. I saw refurbished ones for $180. and new ones for about $220. Any reasons I shouldn't get it that anyone knows

The Zumo 550 would be nice, but I can't justify the cost for it.

Anyone have personal experience with the 765t and able to offer personal input on it? Likes/dislikes?

• 9 months later...
So I was looking up that 765t that Hoblick suggested. I saw refurbished ones for $180. and new ones for about $220. Any reasons I shouldn't get it that anyone knows

The Zumo 550 would be nice, but I can't justify the cost for it.

Anyone have personal experience with the 765t and able to offer personal input on it? Likes/dislikes?

did you ever end up with a 765t? I really want to get a new gps where I can plan the route on the computer and transfer it to the GPS. The zumo is just too far out of my price range

• 2 weeks later...

so just for future reference in case anyone searches for this again. The Garmin Nuvi 750 and 765 are confirmed able to make your own route via mapquest.com and send it to the unit. I just did it with success!

I have a older Nuvi. Anyone have any map updates they could email me? I'd rather not pay for it. I'm not sure if they expire the files or not but my maps are out of date.

Edited by Gump

I have a older Nuvi. Anyone have any map updates they could email me? I'd rather not pay for it. I'm not sure if they expire the files or not but my maps are out of date.

I may still have mine. I'll look amd let you know. I just downloaded it a few days ago...

garmin zumo only way to go....pricey as hell but i went broke buying mine and do not regret it!!!!

as much as I'd love a zumo, couldn't beat $60 for the 750. The zumo has way more functions than I need, all I care about is custom making a route :)