Northern California - Things to Do?

OsuMj

I was planning on hiking Half Dome and Cloud's Rest in Yosemite tomorrow thru tuesday, but now there's a LOT of snow in the forcast and I don't have the gear for that type of hiking. Anybody have any suggestions for things to do in the northern CA region? I was considering driving to southern CA, but it looks like they're gonna be having really bad winds and strong rains. :-/

Thanks!

aparently i can keep myself entertained by looking out the window of the hotel, i was checking out the scenary and noticed two bums having sex :puke:

Anyway, looks like the weather is going to be bad to the south, so i was thinking more north... probably check out Muir woods, but is there anything else??

Any redwood forest.

Pacific coastal highway.

Sonoma and Glenn Ellen wine country. (or Napa)

edit more:

San Francisco area:

Pier 39

Aquarium of the Bay

San Francisco Zoo

Lick Observatory

Hakone Japanese Gardens

Edited by ReconRat

I was born and raised in Sacramento, but if you really want to have a good time, head to the bay area, endlesss things to do and see.

like what!?! :)

I've exhausted SF, wanted to do something more scenic.

Monterey and Big Sur is breath taking.

:plus1:

17 Mile Drive in/through/around Pebble Beach is not to be missed.

Highway 1 up and down the coast. Have someone else drive so you can look at the scenery.

Monterey is one of my and the wife's favorite places. We've been down here for a week now and kids are just loving it too. Today it has cooled off quite a bit and is windy as all hell too, but still beats the hell out of Ohio!

What part of CA are you staying in now?

Best Chinese food is Union Chinese on Union Ave in San Jose. Just for shits and giggles, check out Fry's Electronics. Nothing quite like a 200k square foot electronics store (they also own the the San Jose Sharks). for more ideas check out the local motorcyle forum BARF.

24092_1106058469527_1768762767_201664_708254_n.jpg

Theres tons to do. Cant go wrong with going to the Bay if youre a foodie and bar/club type person. Wine tours...depending on who youre with. If NoCal isnt your thing, drive down to Monterey for some good seafood, decent aquarium good sites. If Yosemite is bad, try Yellowstone. Chinatown in SF is AMAZING. Find a fake LV for cheap and enjoy the food. Whereever you are, find a hole-in-the-wall mexican place (alberto's is good) and get carne asada fries or a california burrito.

Nice to know another buckeye is in the neighborhood! I was in Benicia and S.F. till Friday, now I'm down in Chino till Monday. Today I spent the day riding the mountains of San Bernadino! I'm just winging it out here, no plans really. Thinking about downtown L.A. tomorrow. Pics to come...

Food: Have some avacado on your burger!

aparently i can keep myself entertained by looking out the window of the hotel, i was checking out the scenary and noticed two bums having sex :puke:

Anyway, looks like the weather is going to be bad to the south, so i was thinking more north... probably check out Muir woods, but is there anything else??

I can't believe how many bums are around here, that southpark episode keeps playing in my head. Sorry I missed your call last night, I guess I am a bit jetlagged. Off to breakfast now

I can't believe how many bums are around here, that southpark episode keeps playing in my head. Sorry I missed your call last night, I guess I am a bit jetlagged. Off to breakfast now

:p I figured. I actually fell asleep shortly after that. I walked a LOT yesterday.

how long you in town for? There's an awesome Dainese shop in SF. They have a clearance sale going on right now

31 S Van Ness Ave

San Francisco, CA 94103

(415) 626-5478

Neighborhoods: SoMa,Central East,SoMa (South of Market)

big sur has the california version of mountain people, carmel is just full of win, laguna seca is only a few mins from that general area, napa valley isn't too far either.