Need help with my girlfriend

redrocket04

I'm attempting once more (maybe twice) to get my girlfriend on the back of the cbr. If she doesn't go for it, I may have to think about getting a slightly more passenger friendly bike. I do love the cbr, way more than the Harley I had before it, but I'd rather have a bike that she's not scared to hop on the back of and ride to dinner. I guess at this point, it's just a matter of priorities, and having a bike we can both enjoy, however infrequently it may be, just kinda trumps a bike that I love, and she resents.

Any advice on convincing her that a cbr is just as comfortable for the 3 miles at a time that she rides? 3 miles isn't an exaggeration, either. Her longest ride on the Harley was about 5. She likes it, and has made many comments about how she misses it, but isn't comfortable on the cbr, even when it's not moving.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

get a corbin passenger seat?

It's not physical comfort she's concerned with. She's seen one too many squid on a sportbike riding a wheelie down the road, and is just convinced that she'll A)go flying off the back when I take off at breakneck speeds from a standstill, or

B)The rear seat will snap off, since there's nothing under it supporting her. :rolleyes:

It's not physical comfort she's concerned with. She's seen one too many squid on a sportbike riding a wheelie down the road, and is just convinced that she'll A)go flying off the back when I take off at breakneck speeds from a standstill, or

B)The rear seat will snap off, since there's nothing under it supporting her. :rolleyes:

No arguing with that kind of logic. She wins!

Her bitching about a 3 mile commute on a CBR is probably equivalent to you bitching about the walk from the living room to the refrigerator to get your own beer/food.

Spank her on the ass, then tell her tits or gtfo and grab you a beer.

:nono: You kids nowadays have ZERO pimp strength.

Her bitching about a 3 mile commute on a CBR is probably equivalent to you bitching about the walk from the living room to the refrigerator to get your own beer/food.

i approve this message

:lol:

Says the whipped grad with a girlfriend who's cat lives in his home.

I'm attempting once more (maybe twice) to get my girlfriend on the back of the cbr. If she doesn't go for it, I may have to think about getting a slightly more passenger friendly bike.

I honestly thought that your 1st line was going to end with: "If she doesn't go for it, I may have to think about getting a slightly more bike friendly girlfriend.":lol:

To be honest, don't force it. Suggest a short ride to lunch on a Sat. afternoon or so. If she wants to go, cool. If not, no sweat. Force the issue, and it will put her off almost permanently. If it's one thing that I've learned (quit reading ladies) is that SOME women (covering my azz for the ladies who kept reading anyway) like to feel like something is THEIR idea. Just let it happen. I don't think that I'd look into trading my bike though. Especially if she only rides 5mi. with you anyway.

Sounds like the squid/wheelie/flying off the back is a trust issue. Take her on a few smooth and easy rides to slowly build her confidence/trust in you and the bike. Hopefully that helps.

Man dont ditch that bike.

Does she not understand engineering or is she extremely obese? She won't snap that rear end. To show her this, you can get on the back yourself. Do you have a rearstand? Climb on top and stand on the pass seat (stunta style for realz) and bounce it around in front of her, not gonna go anywhere. solves problem numero 2.

problemo number uno is a trust issue, tell her to stop watching youtube vids.

go buy a 1000 dollar rebel. take her for her 3 mile rides on that, and tell her she's not allowed to touch your cbr...

this move is 2 fold, one: gets her out riding, two: if she ever takes an interest in riding herself, its a perfect place to start.

Edited by magley64

doesn't she trust you??? i mean if she sees others doing wheelies and things doesn't mean you will... why would she not want to anyway, sitting in that position is flattering to most girls (except for the larger girls.) i say to have her try it around the block..

If I owned a 600RR the last thing I would do is put a broad on the back of it. Keep the CBR and buy a cheap cruiser for you two to ride on together. Lots of old school Nighthawks and GSs floating around Craigslist.

bingo! I've had several friends ask to go for a ride and though my current excuse is "i'm not licensed too nor have enough experience" the real reason is I think it would make it way less fun. Not to mention that has to be ridiculously uncomfortable

I'm attempting once more (maybe twice) to get my girlfriend on the back of the cbr. If she doesn't go for it, I may have to think about getting a slightly more passenger friendly bike. I do love the cbr, way more than the Harley I had before it, but I'd rather have a bike that she's not scared to hop on the back of and ride to dinner. I guess at this point, it's just a matter of priorities, and having a bike we can both enjoy, however infrequently it may be, just kinda trumps a bike that I love, and she resents.

Any advice on convincing her that a cbr is just as comfortable for the 3 miles at a time that she rides? 3 miles isn't an exaggeration, either. Her longest ride on the Harley was about 5. She likes it, and has made many comments about how she misses it, but isn't comfortable on the cbr, even when it's not moving.

How about getting a more bike friendly passenger. :):)