Anyone on here good with brakes? Columbus..

blackgsxr1000

I have tryed bleeding the brakes on my bike and they still wont work. The levers still goes all the way to the throttle. They worked fine last year, then one day a few months ago they just quit working. I have checked everything, pulled the banjo bolt out to see if fluid was working. Took the calipers apart, and cleaned them. The bike is a 05, so I'm pretty sure the pistons are not seized. I live in Grandview, was curious if anyone would be curtious enough to stop by and take a look. If not, Im open to suggestions or ways to trouble shoot this issue. Thanks Andrew

How are you bleeding them? Do you have a vacuum device or are you just trying to pump them up and crack the bleed cap to release the air? I could stop by tomorrow morning if you are available.

take the calipers off and get them above the master cylinder. If you bleed them like this you'll have brakes that feel like concrete. They might even clamp so hard that your pads fall to pieces.........

Edited by vw151

He's done - took all of about 5 minutes. Had some beer and some cool stories about Iraq.

He was trying to bleed from the banjos - leaving all air above them. Rock solid now.

I have had to do it that way (on cages not bikes), when bleeders are corroded and break off. :lol: