out of state title transfer..help?

Steve Butters

Someone is coming in from michigan to buy my car. In michigan they do not require a signature from a notary to transfer titles. Can I just sign the title over to the guy without a notary since it is not required in Michigan? Or does it need to be notarized since it is required here in Ohio where the car is currently titled?

You're giving him an Ohio title so it should be notarized. Any bank has a manager on duty at any given time who is also a notary. It's free, too. Only thing is, if the guys coming on a Saturday, the bank may only be open from, say, 9am-12pm. Have him plan the trip so he arrives in time. Definitely have it notarized.

he may not make it before noon....i know i can get it notarized by myself, but do i have to have a price on it at that time? he doesnt want to agree to a price until he sees the car...not sure why, because i hope he doesnt plan to drive 400miles just to lowball me, because ill tell him no lol

I just did the same when I bought my Camaro from TN. They are a non notary state too so his just needs to be signed over. Since OH is a notary state it will need notarized and signed for it all to work out