2005 Honda RC51 sale or trade

garysol1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary, that is a sweet bike! Always wanted to get one.

Anyway, I know what you're dealing with... I'm 37 and separated my left shoulder a couple years back. I can barely stand to be on my ZX10R for more than an hour at a time. I will tell you... you don't have to go the cruiser path to find some confort. I also have a Ducati Hypermotard... its just stupid fun and you sit upright so no shoulder or grip issues. Lots of other naked options to pick from... Tuono's, SV's, etc...

Good luck on finding a new ride!

Brandt is right. The hyper is stupid fun. In fact on the street I would say bikes like these are arguably more fun than a full on sport bike.

I'll never forget riding 555 on my monster with a bunch of guys on bikes like a 996 and 1098 and other bikes with clip ons and I had a huge grin on my face and they were all ready to stop riding for the day.

So I'll plug too things. I love my Ducati monster and you should buy one. Still get a twin but you get straight bars, same with the hyper. or 2. Just put straight bars or converti bars on your RC51. Otherwise, bump for a nice bike for sale. I've always like the RC51s too. Never ridden one though.

Very little room above the bars for any real mods without hitting the fairings and this bike is just way to nice to start chopping on. Trust me I thought about it.... :o

bummer....i was hoping you could find a way to live with it....such a sweet bike :(

Love the RC51. Keep it and get a 2nd bike. Only thing better than owning a bike, is owning 2 ;)

I am trying to weigh out the options......2 bikes or a wife and home????? Hmmmmmm :rulez: I am maybe working on a deal for a 05 VFR. Keep your fingers crossed I can work it out.

one word "Tuono"

Don't give up nothing...Vtwin power with all day comfort. From Sidewalks to Trackdays It does it all well.

Nick

03 Tuono

And add the Falco in there too. Did a track day, and then then rode to Deal's Gap, hit the Dragon a good dozen times or so, and rode back to be ready for work on Wednesday. With the tyres in tatters. All this, with a bit of grey intermixed in my beard. But not my vagina...:D

I have a friend that is interested in a trade, he can't get to a computer over the weekend so I am posting for him. His bike is a 01 Kawasaki ZRX 1200R, he makes many aftermarket parts for ZRX's and he owns 2 now so thats why he is looking for something new as well. If your interested I can PM you his contact info.

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

I have a friend that is interested in a trade, he can't get to a computer over the weekend so I am posting for him. His bike is a 01 Kawasaki ZRX 1200R, he makes many aftermarket parts for ZRX's and he owns 2 now so thats why he is looking for something new as well. If your interested I can PM you his contact info.

Not what I had in mind but damn that ZRX looks nice. Please send me his info....

As many of you know I have not had my RC51 long but I have had it long enough to know that I am not as limber as I once was and after 2.5 hours in the saddle the fun is over for me. My back and wrists just don't like the ergonomics.

My back hurts, my hands are numb,your starting to sound like an old man.

Hate to your RC51 go. Its a beautiful bike with a sound all its own.

Wish I hadn't seen this thread. I actualy have the funds but was saving for something else.....damn.....oh dear.....somebody stop me...please...i won't even be able to sleep tonight

For you and you only....Ill throw in a Jardine swingarm stand and spools :)