Got a new laptop

chevysoldier

Well the Toshiba I have had since 2005 finally when got replaced. It's been through a year in Iraq with the 160 degree heat and dust. Southern Cali desert, countless field rotations, dropped and abused. IT has stood up very, very well. My screen finally went out so I opted to get a new laptop. Toshiba of course, I am sold on their quality. Model Satellite L455-S5008

I now have Windows 7 instead of XP and am loving it. 4 gig ram and a 250 gig hard drive. My old only had a gig of ram and 80 gig hard drive. Screens a few inches better. Better processor too. The best part is is it's a refurb so instead of $550 I got it for $330 (plus shipping) If you are in need of a new laptop check out toshibadirect.com.

prod_satL455-SKB_600-01.jpg

i almost have the same one but its a lil bit smaller, i have the netbook, satellite T115-1100. its got 2gigs of ram and 250GB, its the carbon fiber looking one. For that price you got its a great deal. I LOVE windows 7. i never really had a problem with vista but with the fast start up and the way its set up, im a happy camper :) nice computer.

i almost have the same one but its a lil bit smaller, i have the netbook, satellite T115-1100. its got 2gigs of ram and 250GB, its the carbon fiber looking one. For that price you got its a great deal. I LOVE windows 7. i never really had a problem with vista but with the fast start up and the way its set up, im a happy camper :) nice computer.

My mom has Vista. Just the little bit I've used it, I hate it. The other great thing about 7, or maybe it being a refurb, is it didn't come with 3 million programs I will never use and have to delete. It's got some cool features like the aero view and the navigation I find to be very easy.

Just bought the same one for my kid for graduation. Got it at Best Buy for 399

I think it's a best buy exclusive, other than refurbed through toshibadirect. We got one for my wife a few months ago, same exact model, with printer and carrying case for $429, and I though that was a good deal.

My mom has Vista. Just the little bit I've used it, I hate it. The other great thing about 7, or maybe it being a refurb, is it didn't come with 3 million programs I will never use and have to delete. It's got some cool features like the aero view and the navigation I find to be very easy.

Hoestly, I don't think that what you see in 7 is much different than vista, when it comes to daily use. A few things are better though. The biggest thing with 7 over Vista is that it runs better. Faster and smoother!

As for the the pre-loaded crap, there wasn't much on the wife's either. In fact, there wasn't much loaded on mine when I get it over a year ago, from toshibadirect, or a friend's similar model to mine that he got around the same time at retail. I think they're cutting out the :bs: of loading so much crap on them, free trials and all. They DO load Symantec trial, and I think MS office trial, but that's about it.

I think it's a best buy exclusive, other than refurbed through toshibadirect. We got one for my wife a few months ago, same exact model, with printer and carrying case for $429, and I though that was a good deal.

Hoestly, I don't think that what you see in 7 is much different than vista, when it comes to daily use. A few things are better though. The biggest thing with 7 over Vista is that it runs better. Faster and smoother!

As for the the pre-loaded crap, there wasn't much on the wife's either. In fact, there wasn't much loaded on mine when I get it over a year ago, from toshibadirect, or a friend's similar model to mine that he got around the same time at retail. I think they're cutting out the :bs: of loading so much crap on them, free trials and all. They DO load Symantec trial, and I think MS office trial, but that's about it.

I really hated the screen dimming and the notification of "Are you sure you want to click that icon? It may be unsafe for your computer." Drove me insane.

I really hated the screen dimming and the notification of "Are you sure you want to click that icon? It may be unsafe for your computer." Drove me insane.

Disable user account control. It was even worse in the beta versions! For MOST stuff you do in 7, or even Vista you should hardly ever see that, other than installing programs. I'm guess you didn't actually use her computer much, other than installing stuff for her....

Disable user account control. It was even worse in the beta versions! For MOST stuff you do in 7, or even Vista you should hardly ever see that, other than installing programs. I'm guess you didn't actually use her computer much, other than installing stuff for her....

Bingo