Columbus ohio plumber needed

Hwilli

Sink 2

Justin 0

Showered with water... that bladder creates a lot of back pressure if it doesn't clear the clog. Neat little device, but failed to unclog the pipe (the second time I didn't get sprayed as bad because I knew what to expect). Tried the snake again, up to 24'... got a little more gunk, but nothing major. I'm out of options - I might need to call in the big guns.

:lol:

and why is this in "rides and events"?

Because it's the lead in to the next OR group function which will be a site wide effort to re plumb his house. The way I figure it he's only a day or two away from his nerd side going into overdrive and designing some hydraulic device at work with the parts he has available there. This undoubtedly will go horribly wrong and blow the clog out thru the city main and destroy every pipe in his house in the process. :rolleyes:

ALL BECAUSE HE'S TO TIGHT TO HIRE A PLUMBER.

rent out a power snake with the little cutters on it (shaped like v's) and run it down there...should clear out anything in the way, we have a 6" one that will clear out tree roots in main pipes, so im sure the smaller one will work fine household shit

general-wire-cutter-set-cocs.jpg

side cutterand u cutter are great to clear out a mess of shit...the spiraled one is great if you actually have a mass clogging it...run it into it, then when you reverse it out it will pull the blockage out

sunbelt or whatever its called, rents snakes

Edited by Steve Butters

the retrieval tool is used for getting out a mass like i said...in the instance we found it most useful, there was a travel size lotion bottle that somehow got flushed...got clogged up in the 2" pipe right near the outside of the house and blocked up the entire house...retrieval tool ran into it and pulled it out...if you just have a mass of hair and gunk, you need to use a cutter first....the retrieval attachment you have on the snake now is not made for what youre trying to use it for

• 6 months later...

I live in an apartment, my LL is out of the country, the maintenance man is not answering his phone.... I don't want to do the work myself/be responsible for the potential damage. Plus its really gross, i mean, its like 2 day old mac n cheese.....

mmmmk, I have mac 'n' cheese coming out of all of my sinks right now... I need a plumber quickly...... :)

When life hands you a yeast infection make beer and/or bread!

If youve snaked 24' and still arent hitting anythign solid then you need to rent a power snake with cutter on it and 100-150 foot of cable. Now heres the fun part. Im guessing that your main line has either got roots in it or has a broken line and collapsed. If that is the case, get ready to tear up your basement and yard. The other issue is that if your too aggressive with the powercutters on on drainage lines then you may break through the main line while your trying to clear it..

Good luck.

I had a similar issue and it turned out to be a section of the old iron main line had separated from the inside of the pipe and was blocking the flow.

If youve snaked 24' and still arent hitting anythign solid then you need to rent a power snake with cutter on it and 100-150 foot of cable. Now heres the fun part. Im guessing that your main line has either got roots in it or has a broken line and collapsed. If that is the case, get ready to tear up your basement and yard. The other issue is that if your too aggressive with the powercutters on on drainage lines then you may break through the main line while your trying to clear it..

Good luck.

I had a similar issue and it turned out to be a section of the old iron main line had separated from the inside of the pipe and was blocking the flow.

This information is hit and miss.....if you guys still have drainage problems, shoot me a PM and we can talk...if youre only having a problem with the tub and/or sink - i wouldnt go tearing up the yard... ive seen tub drains that dont have a p-trap until all the way down where they dump into the 4"... the sink p-trap should just be right under the sink which is probably where your sink clog is

if you have a problem with your 4" or 6" line, it will affect everything in the entire house....a clog in just the sink or just one tub is a clog in your 2" pipes somewhere, which is never hard to fix

FYI - if you have a problem with your 6" line such as roots or broken pipe, you need a sewer contractor not a plumber....a lot of plumbers will take on the job but not all of them are licensed and insured to do it and will often ask the home owner to pull the permit for them - and then all the liability is on you, which is not good if they mess up and bust the main line (the citys main line, not your 6")

This information is hit and miss.....if you guys still have drainage problems, shoot me a PM and we can talk...if youre only having a problem with the tub and/or sink - i wouldnt go tearing up the yard... ive seen tub drains that dont have a p-trap until all the way down where they dump into the 4"... the sink p-trap should just be right under the sink which is probably where your sink clog is

if you have a problem with your 4" or 6" line, it will affect everything in the entire house....a clog in just the sink or just one tub is a clog in your 2" pipes somewhere, which is never hard to fix

FYI - if you have a problem with your 6" line such as roots or broken pipe, you need a sewer contractor not a plumber....a lot of plumbers will take on the job but not all of them are licensed and insured to do it and will often ask the home owner to pull the permit for them - and then all the liability is on you, which is not good if they mess up and bust the main line (the citys main line, not your 6")

I agree with what was just said. If only your tub and sink are clogged then hopefully its a small issue. What i questioned was that he already ran 24' of snake and didnt hit anything. 24 feet of snake should definitely get you from the small lines into the main line unless you have a bathroom at the completely opposite end of the house from the main line and some crazy ass pipe routing.

Edited by flounder

Have you ever lived with a girl? I pull out hair balls that resemble dead ferrets. There is a good chance one of those little bastards is way down there.

Yeah but we are talking about house plumbing. We dont want to know the kinds of things you pull out of your personal plumbing. :)

:lol:

flounder - i agree that 24' of snake should find something, but theres too many factors that could play into that...depending on how the plumbing is set up there might be a p trap all the way in the basement right before it dumps into the 4".... hard to tell without looking at the place...they also mentioned a landlord so maybe theyre renting a house or they might be renting an apt in a bigger building...its hard to tell without more info and seeing the house to see how their plumbing is set up....but i still say if its only the tub and sink (notice dates posted, seems like 2 different issues) then i would say its just the 2"... the sink problem is most likely just a clog in the sink, but its hard without telling....the tub is where he ran a snake, but its definitely possible that the plumbing is longer than 24' for the tub ....i know my tub upstairs has at least that much pipe if not more.... if the p-trap at the bottom near the 4" is clogged, it could back up the tub...if there was a problem in the 4" or 6" though the toilets and everything would back up

anything is possible...ive found some odd shit inside sewer pipes before lol....did one last year where we had a few problems.... dug outside the house where the 4" goes to 6" and put in a 6" cutout... ran the snake down to the main (the main is the pipe the city uses out by the road), cut out a ton of roots that were clogging stuff up, ran a camera down to check and everything was good....then we ran the snake up the 4" and hit a mass...couldnt get it so we put an extractor on it and got it out...there was a bottle of lotion tangled up in a mass of hair and TP....yea, a whole bottle of lotion inside the sewer pipe, wrapped in hair that probably came from that chick in The Ring lol

but youre right...tree roots are nasty....ive never encountered a snake breaking the pipes, but i could definitely see it happening if you have a big sewer machine and those old clay pipes....glad they dont use those anymore lol

plumbing can be intimidating at first until you understand how it all works....after that you realize theres not much to it...its always easy to track down the problem...you have 2" pipes that feed into a 4" pipe that feeds into a 6" pipe that feeds into a 10 or 12" main.... if your clog is isolated to one spot in the house, that particular 2" line has a clog...if you have problems throughout the entire house on pipes that dont connect until the 4", then you have a problem in your 4" or 6"....the city line wont ever clog, and the 4" is very rare to clog (it does happen)....best bet if your whole house is clogged is to run a snake through the 4" cleanout in your basement out through the 6" all the way out to the main to get it cleaned out...some new homes have cleanouts outside the house too which can be used (theyre 4"....not sure why they do that)....you can rent a camera too to check for broken pipe and roots etc...lol it just depends on situation....i could type all day i think.....

MJ - if you have any questions feel free to PM me, we do this stuff for a living but i will never charge anyone for advice...so if you have questions or anything just hit me up and ill see if i can point you in the right direction

Edited by Steve Butters