FEELER: 2008 Kawasaki ZX14 Ninja

NinjaNick

Wait until one of the fast kids catches you on a back road and you can't do nothing but try to keep up. Once they realize you are trying they just wave and disappear. Your frustration will not be measurable. It will be so bad you will have to sell the new bike in a hurry at a big loss just to go out and buy one that can keep up with the waving kid.

Does anyone want to volunteer to show him what this will feel like on the test ride?

I think Likwid has a death wish.... :lol:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not totally sure right now guys. I guess I want to TRY something different now to see what it is like. I love riding my 14, don't get me wrong, it's just that all I have ridden in my life is sportbikes and dirtbikes. My curiousity is getting to me to feel what a cruiser is all about and I've always been curious about Harleys and the VROD definitely.

This isn't set in stone yet, so the subject got changed to FEELER. :lol: I just want to slut around a bit and try them out I guess.

If you are really thinking of switching, HD has Demo days coming up, check some of the dealers. That way you can check one out before you do anything.

Will do. A guy at work told me last week Buckminns in Xenia had theirs.

Insurance would double with that large cc amount..:lol:

It's a cruiser though. Kinda.

4 piston fixed front calipers

2 piston rears

43mm fully adjustable front forks

Maximum Power 107bhp @ 5,400 rpm

Maximum Torque 154ft.lbf @ 2,000 rpm

:D

Edited by RSVDon

StateFarm just goes by cc. They don't care that I have a Ninja if you know what I mean.

Also...Damn Triump Rocket III has a lot of torque, but then again it weighs 807lbs wet!!:eek:

Performance (measured at crankshaft to 95/1/EC)

Maximum Power EC146bhp @ 5,750 rpmMaximum Torque EC163 ft.lbs @ 2,750 rpm

StateFarm just goes by cc. They don't care that I have a Ninja if you know what I mean.

Also...Damn Triump Rocket III has a lot of torque, but then again it weighs 807lbs wet!!:eek:

Hell, my Softail weighs 700. I'm surprised the Rocket is only 800.

Demo Day at C&A Harley is this Saturday. Not too bad of a ride for you.

I'll meet you over there if you are interested and I'm free, would like to meet you in person anyway.

Maybe Jagr will come over too, I think he needs a big hog to ride. :)

http://ca-hd.com/

Edited by Artmageddon

Someone say fat chicks?

I love how there are 7 pages of disappointment and shock. Not one person is interested in the bike.

Man good luck with what you want to do...hopefully you find the right back, whether its the 14 or not.

Edited by ohdaho

If you sell it: No longer will you be the guy that 99% of the time has the fastest vehicle, anywhere you go, the only people that can even remotely fuck with you have a turbo, nitrious, or a ridiculous sub 10 set up. On the street? NAH. The mighty 14 rules the streets.

Demo Day at C&A Harley is this Saturday. Not too bad of a ride for you.

I'll meet you over there if you are interested and I'm free, would like to meet you in person anyway.

Maybe Jagr will come over too, I think he needs a big hog to ride. :)

http://ca-hd.com/

I'm down, but I'm not too sure if I can. We'll see how it looks later in the week if that's ok.

I was awaiting pictures of the bike even though I cant purchase it right now, I would still like to see it!

It'll have to be the weekend that I'll take pictures and post them for you oldschool. ;)

IIRC jrmmiii rode a vrod around for a while and he was very disappointed. Had decent power, but control and braking were lacking. I had a similar experience on a ultra classic. (power was lacking too, though)

I love how there are 7 pages of disappointment and shock. Not one person is interested in the bike.

I'll be your huckleberry.

Nick...I wuld be interested n a taking a peek at the bike and I am just down the road....I am considering a Busa again...but I could do ao ZX14 instead.

IIRC jrmmiii rode a vrod around for a while and he was very disappointed. Had decent power, but control and braking were lacking. I had a similar experience on a ultra classic. (power was lacking too, though)

A coworker rented one for the weekend and let me take it out before he returned it. Looked sexy, but I was underwhelmed with just about everything when you consider what one costs.

"That's good, but not great"

Granted -- it was only a 5 mile test ride, but that was enough to know my money was better spent elsewhere. Pretty much for the exact reason that Uncle Punk posted. It also made me realize how dangerous I felt the handling was compared to a sportbike. "Evasive maneuvering", it does not do.

That's not to say I wouldn't rent one for a long weekend, but doubt I'd own one until I just have money to burn (or can't ride a sportbike anymore)