Missing mother in Ohio, keep your eyes open.

chevysoldier

Legally she could not take her kid out of the state without hubby's consent. So maybe the plan was, get away, get feet on ground and save the kid.

You can't save anyone else if you are sinking yourself.

Don't rush to judgment. The husband could have been abusive and what she did was the only way to get away. It happens wait till you hear her side of the story before the name calling starts.

Face it, she's probably a cheating ho. There's no excuse in the world why she'd run off to Florida with another man (married man might I add), leaving her 1yr old child behind. If she was being abused, she would've ran off with her child, regardless of crossing state lines.

http://www2.nbc4i.com/cmh/news/state_regional/article/missing_xenia_mom_found_in_miami_beach_fla/35512/

The department said it was not going to divulge any information of personal or family matters.
She didn't cry abuse, else it wouldn't be a "personal or family matter".

People who do this kind of shit should be fined for spending police/FBI/volunteers time and efforts!:nono:

I'm sorry, did I miss the part of the initial story where she ASKED to be searched for?

If her husband reported her missing, that would make HIM responsible. An adult woman has the legal right to go AWOL. Moral, no. legal, yes.

Better question - can this "missing" woman sue for invasion of privacy if the news stories about her continue? While she was missing, you could reasonably argue that her story was a "matter of public concern" (protected speech). Now that she's not missing, is the story still a 'public concern?' What if they find out she was cheating on her husband and publish that information? It's not illegal to cheat on your husband (in Ohio anyway - i think some Southern states still have infidelity laws on the books).

On the flip side, if they find out her husband was beating her, I don't think he could sue, because he would be committing a crime. It's a lot more reasonable to argue that spousal abuse is more of a "public concern" than infidelity.

Edited by redkow97

I'm sorry, did I miss the part of the initial story where she ASKED to be searched for?

If her husband reported her missing, that would make HIM responsible. An adult woman has the legal right to go AWOL. Moral, no. legal, yes.

Better question - can this "missing" woman sue for invasion of privacy if the news stories about her continue? While she was missing, you could reasonably argue that her story was a "matter of public concern" (protected speech). Now that she's not missing, is the story still a 'public concern?' What if they find out she was cheating on her husband and publish that information? It's not illegal to cheat on your husband (in Ohio anyway - i think some Southern states still have infidelity laws on the books).

On the flip side, if they find out her husband was beating her, I don't think he could sue, because he would be committing a crime. It's a lot more reasonable to argue that spousal abuse is more of a "public concern" than infidelity.

Maybe she didn't ask directly for them to search for her but when she did not return and especially when she left her car abandoned with a flat tire etc, she indicated foul play may have taken place and that something may have happened to her causing the police to look further into her "disappearance".

Same with that "missing bride" who ran away a few years back. She just decided she didn't want to marry the guy. So instead there's a national hunt for her as a missing person. That's just not cool.

Don't rush to judgment. The husband could have been abusive and what she did was the only way to get away. It happens wait till you hear her side of the story before the name calling starts.

Whatever!!!!! If I am in an abusive relationship the last thing I would do is run away with another guy!!!!!!

She should pay for all the mobilization of the cops and everyone that was looking for her. SHE CAUSED IT - not her husband who was worried about her... The agony the family went through because they were not sure if she was dead or alive???? :mad:

You are not allowed to make prank 911 calls so what about this???

I am so pissed at this.

Why the F*** did she just not say...here is the kid, I am gone?

UGH....URKS ME BIG TIME!!!

Redkow

Had she manned up, so to speak, told hubby, you suck in bed, you smell, your an asshole or what ever the problem was, I have found some one who flips my switch and I am leaving. All would have been cool. She did not do that, she staged a what looked like a phony abduction. Her parents freaked, the hubby freaked and did exactly what I would hope they should do.