Anyone here skilled at writing resumes?

chevysoldier

Was wondering if there was anyone near me that is able to write well worded resumes. I hate writing them and am not very good at it. If there is someone that would help, it would be greatly appreciated. You can come to my place, or I can go to yours. would like to do this in the next couple of days. Pizza or beer of course.

Tell you what, I've got this book called Cover Letter's That'll Knock 'Em Dead. It's got some awesome ways with words to describe talents and skills. It's a book about cover letters, not resumés, but you can use these phrases in your descriptions of each job you've done. Resumés are an easy format. Much easier than cover letters so it could help you a lot. You're welcome to use it.

PM sent. If anyone else would be willing to look it over, the more eyes the better.

Shoot it over to me, I'll look it over.

I had 12 to look over two months ago for a position I was hiring for - good gawd were some of them awful. If it takes you 6 (!!!) pages to tell me what you've done, umm, I'm not even looking at it.

Shoot it over to me, I'll look it over.

I had 12 to look over two months ago for a position I was hiring for - good gawd were some of them awful. If it takes you 6 (!!!) pages to tell me what you've done, umm, I'm not even looking at it.

lol, I've been told anything over one page, MAYBE two is too much.

as much as I'm sure everyone here wants to help, the best feedback is going to come from people who interview and hire for their own business.

I think it's hard to distinguish a good resume, but easy to spot a bad one. if you can stay out of the circular filing cabinet for that second round of consideration, you've done something right.

Job hunting sucks. I've found that I've done two things: (1) make a "master" resume that pretty much lists everything I've done and then some and (2) take that resume and trim it to make multiple versions that are more designed for the specific jobs I'm applying for. That method's worked for me. First task is to get (1) to where you like it. I can help too if you're still looking for more eyes and/or opinions.