Ride pics from today, and a couple of new things learned about the RR.

redrocket04

Went out for a birthday ride today. Not a lot of good roads to be found around Columbus, but it was still nice to get out and away from all the traffic, even if just for a short time. So far, this is one of my best birthdays. First time I ever really got onto the bike, and I'm more in love with it now than I was before. Prior to today, I'd never been over 6,000 rpm. I know, laugh.

Holy crap, it's like a whole different bike above that, though. Anyway, I don't have a camera mount, so I've just got a couple of pics, but I guess they go in this section.

IMAG0063.jpg

IMAG0064.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Prior to today, I'd never been over 6,000 rpm.

Holy crap, it's like a whole different bike above that

I feel like it really wakes up at more like 8k, and hits its stride at 10k, but yeah, I-4's can be pretty "Jekyll & Hyde" that way.

There's nothing quite like getting good drive out of a corner and taking the bike up through a couple gears at WOT.

...damn I need a trackday

I thought today was a great ride, lol I was nice to take a look back and see Rocket behind me lol. He stayed behind us the entire time until the 2nd straight and then he opened it up pretty good. As far as the roads lol there were a few good ones just next time we need to use google maps :p

I thought today was a great ride, lol I was nice to take a look back and see Rocket behind me lol. He stayed behind us the entire time until the 2nd straight and then he opened it up pretty good. As far as the roads lol there were a few good ones just next time we need to use google maps :p

The 2nd straight is where my newfound love the the RR made itself known.