Just got back from a ride

chevysoldier

Wasn't a planned ride though. Got home with my daughter, got out of the car and got to the front door and realized I didn't have my keys. Walked back to the car and realized they are in the ignition, with all the doors locked. Shit. Neighbor watched my daughter while I tried using a coat hangar to no avail. Other neighbor took me to where my wife works 3 minutes away to get the house key. I get inside the house and a few minutes later wife gets home. She takes my daughter back to work because the house key she gave me had her locker key on it also so she had to go back for her purse. Now she isn't all that happy either. I jumped on the bike for a 20 minute ride each way, in the rain, to get a lockout kit. Riding back my right hand gets hit hard with a rock, hard enough to make me release the throttle. Thank goodness for leather gloves. Get back home and in about 7 minutes I am able to fish the keys out through the passenger door. I do have a spare but keep them together so I can leave the car running and still be able to lock the doors. I'm getting a third key made to leave at home. First time I have ever locked my keys in the car. Hope I never have to deal with this again.

I suggest this guy... http://www.carlzipflockshop.com/ get a spare for your bike while you're at it!

I do have a spare that I keep on my key ring, which is always in my pocket. Would be nearly impossible to lose or lock both in the bike.

That's gotta suck. The newer vehicles wont let you lock the doors if the keys are in the ignition. Saved my butt more than a few times

Yeah I have seen some of those. My car is a 91 Tercel with manual locks and windows. :D

Wasn't a planned ride though. Got home with my daughter, got out of the car and got to the front door and realized I didn't have my keys. Walked back to the car and realized they are in the ignition, with all the doors locked. Shit. Neighbor watched my daughter while I tried using a coat hangar to no avail. Other neighbor took me to where my wife works 3 minutes away to get the house key. I get inside the house and a few minutes later wife gets home. She takes my daughter back to work because the house key she gave me had her locker key on it also so she had to go back for her purse. Now she isn't all that happy either. I jumped on the bike for a 20 minute ride each way, in the rain, to get a lockout kit. Riding back my right hand gets hit hard with a rock, hard enough to make me release the throttle. Thank goodness for leather gloves. Get back home and in about 7 minutes I am able to fish the keys out through the passenger door. I do have a spare but keep them together so I can leave the car running and still be able to lock the doors. I'm getting a third key made to leave at home. First time I have ever locked my keys in the car. Hope I never have to deal with this again.

A few months ago someone busted my rear right passenger door window and stole my work owned laptop. no biggy.... i cashed the $700 insurance money and installed the $75 window myself, that was back in february. Yesterday i too left the keys in the car and doors were locked. My dad has a a lock out kit, i grabbed it and fiddled around ... no luck, my dad tries it to. Boom window broken F%^&!! Guess what... the same window busted... right rear passenger door. Karma? lol

atleast it wasnt as bad as what i did...

got to my girls house last summer, hot as balls...had the ac cranked all the way in my truck. She asks me to help her take the trash down the driveway (long driveway), so i said ok and we threw it all in the truck bed. Backed down to the end of the driveway, got out of my truck and we unloaded the trash by the road. Went to get back in, and i guess I somehow hit the lock while getting out, because i was locked out. Locked out, truck running with a/c cranked all the way, in the middle of the driveway. To top it off, its a shared driveway that runs for 3 houses. Theres a ditch on each side, making it nearly impossible to get around. Her dad managed to squeeze his truck through (barely) and drove me to my house 20 minutes away, got my spare key, drove back and moved my truck. In that time, the old woman next door showed up and was blocked outta her driveway. According to my girls mom, she did eventually wiggle her PT cruiser through the yard.

talk about fail.