What kind of gun??

hollywood3586

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wondering what kind of gun would be best in a household just for safety? I am not looking for a shotgun or anything huge, but maybe a .22 or 9mm.

Anyone have any opinions?

man you should got the judge its a 410 hand gun so you have it all in 1 a shotgun but yey a hand gun for safety hell if some1 brakes in you cant miss lol:cheers:hope this helps

Get a 9mm or .40 full size. Like a Glock or Smith and Wesson. If this is for home defense don't get a compact. IMO you want as many rounds as possible.

Edit. The Judge only holds about 4 rounds IIRC, I'd want something with more in it. Could be multiple bad guys or you could miss. Worst case scenario type deal.

I have my 9mm and feel decently safe with it. I live in a pretty good area though and I feel like pointing any type of loaded gun at someone is a start at keeping them at bay or retreating

but on that note the next gun purchase will likely be a shotgun

Full size 9mm, 40 or 45, depending on what your ammo preference and abilities dictate. Night sights AND a good flashlight (be it a handheld surefire or weaponmounted) are an absolute must.

Shotguns are not the end all/be all of home defense. Some instances may require more precision/maneuverability than they can provide.

If I am checking on something in the home, I grab a handgun (even my subcompact .45, but I don't recommend this for most folks, its not ideal) and a surefire g2. If I'm checking on something outside, I sometimes grab the AR w/light.

Edit. The Judge only holds about 4 rounds IIRC, I'd want something with more in it. Could be multiple bad guys or you could miss. Worst case scenario type deal.

the judge holds 6 rounds and if you miss 6 times with it you should NOT even have a gun in your hand

There is no ideal weapon for home defense. Just as there is no ideal weapon for personal carry. If you are going to have only one weapon for the home' date=' I'd recommend a pump-action, short-barreled shotgun.. but you already decided against that. My second choice, other than an AR, would be a large caliber, semi-auto pistol. If you aren't going to go big, then go with a lot. I think you can get several polymer guns that will carry 13+ rounds of .45ACP.[/quote']

sounds good, im thinking a semi auto. Shotguns are too much IMO...

If you want small then go with a 22. They are fine for defense and carry. Most snear at them because they dont know firearms and only want large caliber but a 22 will cause MASSIVE internal injury and is very deadly. Look at the Walther P22 line it's even made in pink for a lady like you.

Most importantly, get a gun you can handle. Not trying to sound like a sexist but a large caliber isn't always the best choice for a woman if she cant handle it. Stopping power is great but if it knocks you on your ass when you fire it, what good is that going to do for you?

Most importantly, get a gun you can handle. Not trying to sound like a sexist but a large caliber isn't always the best choice for a woman if she cant handle it. Stopping power is great but if it knocks you on your ass when you fire it, what good is that going to do for you?

I sir, by no means, am a small woman. lol Im thinking of something smaller also to hide from my daughter. I have a three year old and have to keep it locked up. so for something being under my bed or in my closet i think a 9 is the choice we might go with. :)

I utilize a .357 with hollow points for home defense. Just know your hearing will be gone for a LONG time if you have to fire in a house. :lol:

You're also a big fucker. A 357 would knock her on her ass, which I'd pay to see:D