Seat mods. Anyone use this guy?

Gump

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going with this guy. It might be a bunch of copy and paste but he's good at copy and paste. Fast response to my email also. I'm getting the Fibercore. Now watch it be sunny the entire week he has my seat.

::

Thank you for your interest in my work.

For your CB600F Hornet the rider seating area can be reshaped internally for more rearward bias, with better support, and to help distribute your weight across the entire seat rather than concentrating it on the crowned center without effecting the nose shape so you will still have freedom of movement in the twisties and enhanced position and comfort. This angle correction will help allot with the slide to the tank.

The basic modification includes reshaping to your specific dimensions for better support and to correct the angle and shape to relieve pressure points and any specific problem areas that you may have. It includes a viscoelastic foam base material that is good for shorter distance pleasure riding and commuting. If you normally do ride any distance you have a seat that can accept the Supracor suspension included in the LD modification. This is a lightweight "honeycomb" like material that does not get hot in the sun, does not harden in cold weather, and will probably outlive the seat. It is used to form a suspension between the seat pan and reshaped seating area to provide more form fitting support, and better weight distribution for longer distance comfort. It also drastically reduces vibration in the seat, and dampens road shock without changing the seat height or effecting the shape modification. If you ride any real miles it is the better choice.

Pricing would be the standard minimum for a single piece seat of $50 for the actual work to the riders area, and a $25 material charge for Supracor.

A photo of you in riding position is helpful and appreciated, but not an absolute necessity. Each seat is set up specifically for the rider so any additional information you think I may need regarding your position, type of riding, any medical concerns you may have should be listed in the special instructions area on the order form. When you think you have given me too much information, just a little more should be about right.

Please ship at your convenience, all that I ask is that you drop me note when you do so that I can properly set my schedule. My current turnaround with the spring rush is 48 hours so your only real downtime will be in shipping. If you visit my web site you can find the order form as well as my FAQ page which contains more information regarding shipping, payment, and a bunch (probably too much) general information. Contact me any time if you have questions.

Thanks again and ride safe, Spencer

www.GreatDayToRide.com

Now offering Amsoil, Mothers, and Brite Side products.

• 2 weeks later...

i got the same on my previous bike, spencer was great to deal with and the turn around was fast. dont be discouraged at first, it takes several hundred miles to break in...once it is broken in you will love it! i loved it on my ninja.

I've used him on an SV650s seat, which is the worst stock seat I have ever sat on. Before he fixed it 40 minutes and I was near agony. Afterwards, about 4 hours before I'd had enough. Was it as good as the Corbin on my ZZR600, not quite. But for the money it was a better value and I have a suspicion he'll be doing my 919 seat this winter.

Well, I sent my seat to him on the 17th of May. He sent an email that he recieved it on the 20th. I sent an email to him on the 26th to check status and I have not heard back. I thought it was supposed to be a two day turn around? Figures there has been awesome riding weather since I shipped it.

Dont you have a number you can reach him at? I think I would buy a used seat to send him so you can still ride adn in case you never see it again.

You can roll up a towel and sit on it until you get your seat back. :D