Title Info/Question

NightRider

Going to look at a bike tonight. And if it checks out, i'll probably pull the trigger on it. By the time i get there, the Bmv will be closed. I have a way to get it home.

I'm pretty sure...but wanted to be 100% positive.

If the seller, puts his information (address, name, signature, etc) on the title...in the required seller area's. Will that be enough for me, to take it to the bmv and put it in my name?

Thanks.

As long as it's notarized.

At least that's my understanding.

I picked up a bike and title yesterday, I'll let you know after I go. Won't be for another week or so, so prolly won't help ya much.

he has to fill out his info and seller HAS to have it notarized

(unless you are really good friends with a notary that will sign without seller present but its illegal)

I know, it's not exactly legal...or ethically moral...but people take the "i know a notary" option quite often.

I'm definitely not opposed to it. Does anyone happen to have someone in mind who could do it? Maybe tonight or tomorrow, close by? Maybe no further than an hour?

I appreciate the info.

Thanks again.

I'd ask if the seller would get it notarized before you get there. I once purchased a car that was notarized about 4 months before I purchased it. I had to pay a small fee for the old notary ($30 I think). My point is that it's no skin off of the seller's back to get it notarized and hold on to the title until a buyer presents. Call and see if it is notarized already. It may be. If not, I'd ask to see the title, give him all but $300, take the bike home and then give him the rest of the cash when you get the title. And congrats! What are you looking at?

I'd ask if the seller would get it notarized before you get there. I once purchased a car that was notarized about 4 months before I purchased it. I had to pay a small fee for the old notary ($30 I think). My point is that it's no skin off of the seller's back to get it notarized and hold on to the title until a buyer presents. Call and see if it is notarized already. It may be. If not, I'd ask to see the title, give him all but $300, take the bike home and then give him the rest of the cash when you get the title. And congrats! What are you looking at?

Thanks for the info. I'll just say this until get it home, and post up. It's a sportbike. :D

its from a movie...though I can't remember which one, I want to say Out Cold

Not sure how old i was, roughly a teenager and was forced to watch that movie with my mom. About 3 feet away. Pretty fucking uncomfortable.