two day ride

garysol1

Lets say you lived in NEO and were granted 2 days of freedom from 8am on day one till when ever on day two. Where would you ride to and why? I am looking for suggestions on taking a 2 day tour and need some help.

One of my favourite roads is Rt 16 going south. I would probly then run 39 going east to Summersville for a break and pick up going east. Then pick up 219 going north or something like that. Its been a couple years since I've been over there - I had a rotater cuff injury the kinda grounded me for a while.

-- I am really itching to just park it at one of the ski lodge towns and go exploring for day loops over there. I have have hit maybe 15% of the state.

-- I highly recommend hitting the book store and pick up a Delorme West Virginia Atlas & Gazatteer. (Theres one for every state, grab an Ohio, mbe a Pennsilvania too.) Its a highly distailed map/grid of all the roads in the state about 80 pages worth. Its fantastic for planning riding trips. - I probly have 15 of them.

http://shop.delorme.com/OA_HTML/DELibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=10096

Edited by mello dude

I'd do a tour to and around Gettysburg.

I actually was thinking about that earlier today. I was looking at a map of historical markers here in Ohio and I was thinking how cool it would be to do a Civil War tour

I've been wanting to do a 2 day trip either into upstate N.y. to visit family or down into W.V. I wouldn't make a route plan or anything. Just ride and at the end of the day tell the GPS to find me somewhere to sleep. I would use this site http://www.roadsideamerica.com/ to find some places to head towards but otherwise go where I want, when I want, how I want.

I would vote going south to river, head due west over to Cinci and cross over and do the NKY roads but this is mainly because I know NKY and have several places to stay in Cinci

If you wanted to see sights as opposed to decent roads to ride then I don't suggest this as there isn't that much to see thats out of the ordinary that I'm aware of

I can vouch for the Southern route into West Virginia.

The area around Summersville/New River Gorge are absolutely beautiful and have some fantastic roads.

OH-800 down to the river over to WV-7 will take you into Morgantown and is a great ride and would make a nice place to grab some lunch. From there you can find any number of state roads down further South.

The area around Summersville/New River Gorge are absolutely beautiful and have some fantastic roads.

OH-800 down to the river over to WV-7 will take you into Morgantown and is a great ride and would make a nice place to grab some lunch. From there you can find any number of state roads down further South.

Hmmmm.....And I could easily tie that into a Gettysburg loop before turning back west......