Hello From Newark, Ohio

newarkOhioLinks

Another welcome from Newark...from your blog, sounds like you bought your Honda from the dealership in Heath. Bought three bikes from them in the last few years, and I know exactly what you're saying. When I bought my '06 Shadow Spirit new a few years ago, I got a laugh from the salesman explaining how to adjust my idle with the dipstick. And nobody at the dealership knew the owner's manual was under the left side cover so they ordered me a new one. Need to look up that valve adjustment thing, wasn't aware it was due at 4000...I just past 8000.

Hate to bash a dealership so lets just say I know of much better in the area.

Don't worry to much about the valves. You should do it, but chances are they are fine. I barely moved mine and my bike gets a workout occasionally. If you tackle the job yourself, you save a bundle. Just approach the job with the utmost patience. It tried mine for sure.

Nothing impossible, just quite a few, "why in the hell did the make it that way" moments. For the love of all that's holy, don't torque the valve cover bolts any more than 25 pounds! $8/each, hard to find, and hard to remove with an easy out in aluminum. I felt like a dentist with the dremel tool to get the easy-out started.