Brian Kinney Foundation

Steve Butters

I dont think that's possible. Pretty sure you have to use a bank account to have a paypal addy. I'd suggest that we use a paypal addy of a trusted member, like Casper or Carie, and they can keep the forum/facebook updated on what's needed.

im pretty sure you dont need a bank account tied to it....you just cant add funds without one....i talked to my mom and her paypal is NOT linked to her bank account, she requests paper checks and when she purchases with her paypal, she runs it as a visa

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im pretty sure you dont need a bank account tied to it....you just cant add funds without one....i talked to my mom and her paypal is NOT linked to her bank account, she requests paper checks and when she purchases with her paypal, she runs it as a visa

Gotcha, I've tried to do one without but it wouldn't let me:dunno:

this looks like it would be a good option

https://merchant.paypal.com/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=merchant/donations

would have to check on needing an account or not though, perhaps somebody should call and ask them if a bank account has to be tied to nonprofit accounts like this, or if they can just be cashed out as a check

lol ill give them a call later, im unable to at the moment

and its hard to make shit happen when nobody here knows me lol....i doubt anyone is gonna want to submit donations to something setup by some random ass dude...thats why im trying to find someone to team up with to get this all rolling

i dont even know what a social group is

i just made an email account for it, and im signing up for paypal at the moment....if need be, ill swing by my credit union tomorrow or the day after and set up a free checking account to link with this

this is starting to sound more complicated than i thought

To receive the discounted rates, sign up for a PayPal Business account. Select Nonprofit as the business type and enter your organization's checking account number. Then, to confirm your nonprofit status, email a tax letter from the IRS, a bank statement or a voided check in the nonprofit's name, plus the organization's PayPal email account and contact information to compliance@paypal.com.

ok i set out a standard non-profit business account...

its not linked to a bank account, and it has a 500 dollar per month withdrawl limit

so in the event that we raise the total amount needed, we can have brian add his bank account onto the page and have it sent directly to him, if not, we will cash out whatever we get and he can put it in a separate account in his personal bank

sound ok?

I'm going to suggest to have an attorney review everything. The non profit thing and taxes...

That said, if nobody is an attorney here, and we're surrounded by engineering geeks, I can pull the favour card from a friend. I'd prefer to use that card when I'm pissed and wearing a strangers' pants and a bra for a hat, found wandering through the women's restroom at Walmart...

ok as of right now....i give up on the paypal...ill have to maybe look into a bit more, i tried it a few ways and i couldnt get any of the links to work properly...i could make donations, but they couldnt be claimed, idk....

for now, if anyone has a donation, please send it to the PO Box that brian put up, or hold onto it until we get a benefit ride going

OK

talked to Sam and we got something worked out

im going to make a personal paypal account, using an email listed under the foundation name, and with a separate checking account that i will be opening once we hit our $500 limit

i will keep screenshots and updates of the paypal link and the account to keep everybody in the loop of how much we have collected and how much we still have left

sound alright with everybody?

OK

talked to Sam and we got something worked out

im going to make a personal paypal account, using an email listed under the foundation name, and with a separate checking account that i will be opening once we hit our $500 limit

i will keep screenshots and updates of the paypal link and the account to keep everybody in the loop of how much we have collected and how much we still have left

sound alright with everybody?

Unless Brian has an account that he could link to a paypal account, one that's separate from his regular account?