Brian Kinney Foundation

Steve Butters

check from my aunt got here today...got a $100 for ya on monday brian!!

how're we doing so far?

Awesome! That would bring the total to $466...about 1/3 of the way there. :D Donations have still been a little slow going but I will be at bike night on Wednesday (weather permitting) with some flyers and shirts. Hopefully I can get some people to throw in for a good cause.

I have the rear of the bike down to the frame right now so I can take pics and send them to Lee, the guy making the kit. He wants to make sure I am getting all the right spacers and parts. I'm crossing my fingers this works!! Scratch that, it WILL work. I am bound and determined.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome! That would bring the total to $466...about 1/3 of the way there. :D Donations have still been a little slow going but I will be at bike night on Wednesday (weather permitting) with some flyers and shirts. Hopefully I can get some people to throw in for a good cause.

I have the rear of the bike down to the frame right now so I can take pics and send them to Lee, the guy making the kit. He wants to make sure I am getting all the right spacers and parts. I'm crossing my fingers this works!! Scratch that, it WILL work. I am bound and determined.

1/3? how much do we need? i thought it was like 1800 plus 600 for something else?

come on guys, lets make some donations... i know you cheap bastards can afford to give up a few bucks lol

1/3? how much do we need? i thought it was like 1800 plus 600 for something else?

Yea, I'm an idiot. We do still need about $2500. The landing gear is $1800 and the shifter is $600...but that doesn't cover the switches and misc stuff.

in for a Ulysses S. Grant....let me know if ya got it

Sent it through paypal? Got it! Thanks buddy.

hit "send money" then send it to

bkinney@student.cscc.edu

hit personal, and select "Gift"

first few times i did it, it didnt make me pay a fee, but this time it did...so you have to option to pay extra for the fee, or have the fee deducted from the donation...its a little over 3 percent, nothing crazy

donation sent! - from my aunt in arizona

Got it! Tell her thanks again.

Thanks guys! Money sent.

Thanks Krystyn! I really appreciate it. :D

All right, here's the deal. I talked to Lee, the designer of the kit yesterday. He looked over all the pics I sent of my frame and said it will work, no problem. Great news! Here's the thing...if I see any chance of this happening in the near future, I need to plunk down some cash to get the ball rolling. I am sending him a check for $1800 out of the foundation today. As I said before, this does not cover the electronic shifter. He gave me the # of the place that sells it. I just have to get a hold of them and order one. That is $600. Right now, I have $481.05 in paypal and hopefully, the $100 from Moose will show up soon. This is about enough to get the shifter so hopefully, I can get that ordered too. Anyone wanna make a quick donation!?! wink wink nudge nudge. :p

Also good news, I just signed the contract last night to begin building my new handicapped accessible home! It was nerve racking signing my life away but I think this will be a great way to finally be fully independent. I looked at a lot of houses and all of them needed major changes to be usable so building new is a much better option. With this being said, I could really use that $1800 back!

Hopefully I can make it to bike night tomorrow if the weather doesn't suck. I really really want to get a ride together!

Got it! Tell her thanks again.

Thanks Krystyn! I really appreciate it. :D

All right, here's the deal. I talked to Lee, the designer of the kit yesterday. He looked over all the pics I sent of my frame and said it will work, no problem. Great news! Here's the thing...if I see any chance of this happening in the near future, I need to plunk down some cash to get the ball rolling. I am sending him a check for $1800 out of the foundation today. As I said before, this does not cover the electronic shifter. He gave me the # of the place that sells it. I just have to get a hold of them and order one. That is $600. Right now, I have $481.05 in paypal and hopefully, the $100 from Moose will show up soon. This is about enough to get the shifter so hopefully, I can get that ordered too. Anyone wanna make a quick donation!?! wink wink nudge nudge. :p

Also good news, I just signed the contract last night to begin building my new handicapped accessible home! It was nerve racking signing my life away but I think this will be a great way to finally be fully independent. I looked at a lot of houses and all of them needed major changes to be usable so building new is a much better option. With this being said, I could really use that $1800 back!

Hopefully I can make it to bike night tomorrow if the weather doesn't suck. I really really want to get a ride together!

I have the check with me, I'll get it to derrick @ work today... hopefully then he can get it to you... :cool: also let me know when you need help with rehab work, or if you need assistance with building something...

Aight, I FINALLY got my donation in. My apologies for taking so long, I have been swamped like you wouldn't believe.

Those sheep are demanding!

I'm excited to hear how well this is working out! Congrats on the house thing! Do you already have it designed?

Bump!

hey i got the check from moose here....im not sure why he wanted me to come get it, i expected it to be filled out in my name or something for me to deposit and send to you...instead, its made out to the foundation, so by making me come get it from him, did no good, since i have to mail it in....not sure why he didnt just mail it in himself lol....but ill drop it in the mail tomorrow brian

hey i got the check from moose here....im not sure why he wanted me to come get it, i expected it to be filled out in my name or something for me to deposit and send to you...instead, its made out to the foundation, so by making me come get it from him, did no good, since i have to mail it in....not sure why he didnt just mail it in himself lol....but ill drop it in the mail tomorrow brian

Haha, well thanks for picking it up. I will keep an eye out for it.

I'm excited to hear how well this is working out! Congrats on the house thing! Do you already have it designed?

It is a Dominion home that I am making a few tweaks to...wider doors, ect. The plan isn't together 100% but it's getting there.

Aight, I FINALLY got my donation in. My apologies for taking so long, I have been swamped like you wouldn't believe.

Thaaaaaaaaanks!!!!!!! You da man!

also let me know when you need help with rehab work, or if you need assistance with building something...

Well, I already know I will need a ramp built in my garage. I'm keeping your # handy!!

OK guys, good news. Once I receive that check in the mail, the shifter is OFFICIALLY PAID FOR!! Unfortunately, it is more than $600 but I found it on this site for a decent deal. They are $750 from Pingel themselves.

http://www.solomotoparts.com/product.php?productid=30186&utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Froogle

thought it would be quicker .... I guess I'm all about hand delivering moneys... I just don't trust the mail anymore...:) sorry for the confusion...

thought it would be quicker .... I guess I'm all about hand delivering moneys... I just don't trust the mail anymore...:) sorry for the confusion...

No problem Moose, check received today! That means I can officially buy the electric shifter!! Thanks guys. :D

brian, wanna swing by the FB page and leave a comment with an update?

Yep, just updated it.

Good news!! I ordered the shifter today! :D I cleaned the hell out of my bike over the weekend and it is blingin'. Paul (Attack painter) has the fairings right now so that's pretty cool too! It's all coming together.

I was in the garage an hour ago again...just staring at it. Can't wait to ride again.