UPDATED: Dayton May 30th ride meeting spot!

NinjaNick

I'm not totally aware of his situation but yes they dictate what you wear on your own time. You are their "property" and they cover your insurance plus they have a lot of money into your training. This is one of the reasons the chain of command wanted an ambulance called out for him.

Keep us informed on how your surgery goes and hopefully the bike is fixed and ready to go when you are finished with rehab.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was... I happened to notice the stop ahead sign and sat up just before I saw someone (ExtremeF4i maybe) waving his arms for all of us to slow down because there was an accident ahead.

Yeah I got off my bike and started walking back to try and slow everyone down. I didn't want anyone to have the same thing happen or hit someone that was already stopped. There was a sign for the stop but not all that far from the actual stop itself... http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&layer=c&cbll=39.574201,-83.967738&panoid=IpFW39WouBfgTJM4r54c1A&cbp=13,81.98,,0,3.13&source=embed&ll=39.574006,-83.947477&spn=0.000265,0.077162&z=14

Suntorn glad you're doing ok.

Uncle Punk showed me how to post the map itself on here. :):woo:

I hope they are paving Roxanna NewBurlington Road with those big machines at our stop. It needs it! They resurfaced it at the end of last year, but now it needs paved for sure. It's sketchy as of now with gravel.

Glad you're going to be ok suntorn! You're wreck was not a pleasant sight. Scared the shit out of me seeing you get thrown across the road like a ragdoll. I thought you would be unconcious when I saw that. Yeah, definitely next time more caution on unfamiliar roads for you sir. ;):cheers:

Edited by NinjaNick

Nick---thanks for putting up with us

UP---thanks for traffic control....as far as buzzing people, its just that your bike is so quiet its unexpected--I never had any trouble with ya tho. Thanks for coming down. Your tbss is beautiful.

Thanks to the rest of you that helped with traffic control!

Brad--thanks a ton for throwing a hand up for me before the stop sign....I did NOT see the stop ahead sign.....I used every last bit of my braking abilities and my front tire was almost touching yours when I stopped.

Suntorn---very glad your ok...wish I woulda seen the sign and got my hand up sooner. It was kinda trippy to watch you go rolling past. Good luck with the insurance company.

I'm going to get some riding pants asap too. And a Gopro

Brad--thanks a ton for throwing a hand up for me before the stop sign....I did NOT see the stop ahead sign.....I used every last bit of my braking abilities and my front tire was almost touching yours when I stopped.

I didnt even notice....but Im glad u didnt tag me

Here is a short vid of the ride. I picked out two segments that actually showed some fun portions of the ride...ie corners. I had almost 2Gb of video to watch a pick from. Hope you like it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKtweptoI40

btw...this was my first attempt to doing this sort of thing, so sorry if it seems lame to those of you that have a clue to making videos.

GIB!!!!

Here is a short vid of the ride. I picked out two segments that actually showed some fun portions of the ride...ie corners. I had almost 2Gb of video to watch a pick from. Hope you like it.

btw...this was my first attempt to doing this sort of thing, so sorry if it seems lame to those of you that have a clue to making videos.

GIB!!!!

Thanks for the post and time put into it.

How do you have your cam mounted? Ive been looking for mounts, and most of them are handlebar type mounts. I have no available handlebar real estate on my bike, as I imagine most sport bikes don't. There's the gas cap mounts, but to me those would make it difficult to tuck when needed. I thought about using the brake reservior bolt, but that's rubber mounted. I did find a reflector mount on my forks that I may be able to use for a threaded hole/mounting position. Keeps camera kinda close to the road though

Nick, I made a pass towards the end (think it was just before the crash) to change my place in line, but I dont think that was me. Didn't see any green:D

How do you have your cam mounted? Ive been looking for mounts, and most of them are handlebar type mounts. I have no available handlebar real estate on my bike, as I imagine most sport bikes don't. There's the gas cap mounts, but to me those would make it difficult to tuck when needed. I thought about using the brake reservior bolt, but that's rubber mounted. I did find a reflector mount on my forks that I may be able to use for a threaded hole/mounting position. Keeps camera kinda close to the road though

idodishez...

I am using a 'd-ring' Ram Mount ball attached to my handle bar, a three inch extension and a generic camera mount from Ram Mounts. I am sure they have another solution for you if you want to take a look at their website.

http://www.ram-mount.com/Products/MotorcycleMounts/tabid/128/Default.aspx.

Also, I have been looking at one of these as well, a little more shock resistant and weather proof...also mountable just about anywhere. http://www.tachyoninc.com/

The camera I was using was a Panasonic SDR-SW20...also weather proof and shock resistant, but If I crash, the camera is toast. That Tachyon looks like it can handle a fall...in fact, it did on one of the videos on their website.

Hope that helps.

GIB!!!

idodishez...

I am using a 'd-ring' Ram Mount ball attached to my handle bar, a three inch extension and a generic camera mount from Ram Mounts. I am sure they have another solution for you if you want to take a look at their website.

http://www.ram-mount.com/Products/MotorcycleMounts/tabid/128/Default.aspx.

Also, I have been looking at one of these as well, a little more shock resistant and weather proof...also mountable just about anywhere. http://www.tachyoninc.com/

The camera I was using was a Panasonic SDR-SW20...also weather proof and shock resistant, but If I crash, the camera is toast. That Tachyon looks like it can handle a fall...in fact, it did on one of the videos on their website.

Hope that helps.

GIB!!!

I checked out the RAM mounts earlier. Lots of handlebar mounts. something like this might work if I can find a mounting bolt (like the Fork reflector) http://www.ram-mount.com/CatalogResults/PartDetails/tabid/63/partid/082065077045066045049055057085/Default.aspx

Those tachynoyinc cameras look pretty inexpensive for what they offer. May have to try them out if I get some throwaway money.

Thanks!

So that's what you trouble makers were up to back there. Who was that at the end that made a pass?

umm...that was me that went by at the end. :rolleyes: was that an a-hole move? I didn't think it was at the time...now I'm pondering, thanks Nick

umm...that was me that went by at the end. :rolleyes: was that an a-hole move? I didn't think it was at the time...now I'm pondering, thanks Nick

Guess Im an A-hole too then:) Though I did make sure I had plenty of room, and it was on a long stretch.

:lol: I was just curious who it was. You're thinking too much about my statement. It made me laugh when I watched it because you came out of nowhere. :lol:

Here’s another video for you. Pieced it together two days ago but had 'issues' with YouFuckToob over copyrights or something. Guess JZ and Linkin Park don't allow their music out on 'these internets'.

BTW...If ANYONE does not want me to post this video or the other one for some reason or another, just PM me and I'll delete it. Have you guys been watching the news about personal permissions and YouTube? The states have gotten crazy with some of this shit. Anyway, if anyone is offended or doesn't want their image posted online, just tell me and I'll remove it. Just CMA...GIB!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxNzu9JEXbo

Edited by Gibby