UPDATED: Dayton May 30th ride meeting spot!

NinjaNick

YEs, I too missed it, and wihed I could have came....But I had to work 13hours.

Sucks but oh well.

And hearing about any incidents is whats making me lean more and more towards not riding on the streets at all. In all reality riding the streets "legally" is as boring as watching grass grow. TO have a good time you have to do illegal actions and always wonder when and where johnny law qill be hiding, especially on the holiday weekends.

Glad you guys had a blast and I will be at the next one "FO SHO".

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I raced ya one time, but I don't think you noticed. lol.

:lol: That's great.

I'd like to thank the Columbus crew again for pissing off the psycho chick in the Grand Am on the way home, so that she could try to keep me from passing, and then flipping me off when I did it anyway. :confused:

:lol: What's the story on that one man? Who did what?

Mack's picture post

Mack, thanks again for your pictures and getting us to do a group photo at the end when we all were blabbering instead of thinking of a group photo. I'm glad you said something. Thanks for riding with us as well. You're a standup guy for sure. :cheers:

Who punched that CBR in the nose?!

:lol:

Oh snap! :lol:

The last bad get off was about 10 bikes back probably. I didn't know where he came from. It was scary shit for sure. Glad he's going to be fine though...just needs some healing time for the broken bones.

I think it was 2-3 bikes behind me, making it maybe 6-7 bikes back. I remember hearing the bike come flying up and seeing it all happened. it was so fast, I couldnt process it in time. but damn it was freaky to watch. Hope he is ok

BTW...after a full bird Colonel and a Major, Captain, Lieutenant and then a Tech Sergeant yelled at me for not getting ole boy help sooner...I think it is my place to tell us all...CALL A DAMN AMBULANCE!!!

Then you you do that, cops get involved, you have to pay for a ticket and your liscense gets some nice points on it. If it were me, I wold not have wanted cops there.

I am beyond bummed I didn't get to go today. We must have another one of these.

I think I saw you riding by sonic yesterday sometime after 5 when I was comming home from picking up Dominos. You were with an FZ6 maybe?

Quote: Then you you do that, cops get involved, you have to pay for a ticket and your liscense gets some nice points on it. If it were me, I wold not have wanted cops there.Quote

I understand what you are saying, but seriously? Where do you draw the line? You call the ambulance when you see him missing limbs? Or are you worried about the cops, more specifically, a ticket and points, then too?

Like Gib said, internal injuries cannot be seen. A friend of mine crashed on his bike and all he complained about was his broken leg, 20 minutes later he was dead from internal bleeding. :(

I mean seriously mine or anybody elses life is worth more than a ticket or points on my license. :nono:

I see where your coming from Fazerlady, but in all honesty the ambulance wouldn't have prevented him from dying from internal bleeding in 20 minutes. Sorry about your friend though, that's awful.

I know unless I'm unconcious or can't get up, I'm riding home and then going to emergency room without a cop if I feel I need to. I try to bail from the scene as soon as possible with no blue involved.

Well, an ambulance prevented my death when I was six. Had a ruptured spleen after a car wreck and made it to the hospital with only minutes to spare...no bloodpressure or pulse palpable...pulled through...I am thankful I am here. And yes, my friend died IN the ambulance.

I guess what I am saying is that someone would die in front of me and I had not done something about it, I would have to live with that for the rest of my life.

Hell, why am I ranting on trying to convince a bunch of hardcore :p guys :rant:- I am a woman, and I will always think A LITTLE different than you all - since I am from the wonderful planet VENUS and you guys are from the strange planet MARS!!!!

Hell, why am I ranting on trying to convince a bunch of hardcore :p guys :rant:- I am a woman, and I will always think A LITTLE different than you all - since I am from the wonderful planet VENUS and you guys are from the strange planet MARS!!!!

:lol: Yeah, but we love ya!;) It's amazing what some people will do so we don't have to pay a fine and 3 year insurance premium hike. :(

Most cant afford the ambulance ride either. And another thing worth noting here, allot of rural counties are starting to dispatch the chopper now with the ambulance on motorcycle accidents due to response times. Life flight is a $5000 bill once that starter button is pushed and just goes up from there.

Now since I'm on a Fire and EMS crew I shouldn't tell you don't call, I know the risks. But use a little common sense and put pride on the back burner, if you can get to the hospital in close to the same time then take yourself depending on injuries of course. Other option to avoid the ticket.... don't call it in as a motorcycle accident. Call as an ATV accident central dispatch does not dispatch the police for an accident they assume to be off road and the EMS response will be the same. Once on scene EMT's will obviously know it wasn't an ATV accident but we wont call the cops its not our job and we don't care, we'll just treat and transport. Our paperwork will reflect a motorcycle accident but thats internal and the police dont see that.

Edited by MidgetTodd

Wow, that stuff is crazy here...

Hate to bring up Germany, but there we pay a small fee for the ambulance ride, maybe like 60 Euros and the same for the care flight. It floors me how someones life or treatment can depend on money like that.

:puke:

Isn't that what we have insurance for, though? Ive never been life flighted, but I did get taken in an ambulance a couple of years ago. All I paid out of pocket for that, two nights in hospital, and everything was $100.

Not everyone has health insurance, I know, but my bike insurance also has medical coverage.

Isn't that what we have insurance for, though? Ive never been life flighted, but I did get taken in an ambulance a couple of years ago. All I paid out of pocket for that, two nights in hospital, and everything was $100.

Not everyone has health insurance, I know, but my bike insurance also has medical coverage.

I am with you on that.

I guess I will just ask someone if he has that kind of insurance b4 I call the ambulance. ;)

Not everyone has full coverage ins and alot of ins companies will deny the life flight charges if they dont deem the injuries to be life threatening then its on you.

^^^This.

Not to mention a lot of insurance now carries high out of pocket deductables you have to meet....I know mine iid $5K.....so if I were to get hit with a lifeflight bill....The first $5K is mine to pay.

Sucks but its how the world(the US anyway) is going.

CbrBrent on here is a prime example of this, he just got done paying the Life flight charges. His wife was learning to ride and got run off the road by a car. A bystander called it in as a motorcycle crash and being a rural community the chopper was sent too. It was not needed but was sent and he had to pay and pay dearly.

EMS is needed many times on a bike crash, just think before you call to make sure it is the best option and if so plan your call... say its an ATV accident not motorcycle and be as descriptive as you can on injury and what parts of the body were hit so maybe they will hold off on chopper dispatch till EMT's are on scene for assesment.

Not everyone has full coverage ins and alot of ins companies will deny the life flight charges if they dont deem the injuries to be life threatening then its on you.

That's nothing short of asinine. From my previous life, I remember ems on scene makes judgment on whether crew flies, or stays on standby. I don't know you well, but what I do know, I would trust your assessment of an injuries severity over an insurance company.

Agreed, not everyone is fully insured. It sucks.

I hate medical bills! I'm still paying $7k from birth and foot surgery. I don't want anymore. That shit puts you in debt fast! I avoid healthcare at all costs!

I have Cigna insurance with my company and no way in hell I would only have to pay $100. It'd be $1k's.

I think it was 2-3 bikes behind me, making it maybe 6-7 bikes back.

Thats about right. he was 6 I was 7. he was about 4 lengths in front of me and as soon as he hit the last corner and there was the stop sign, he locked up the rear and went left of you guys(as did I)the rear wheel slid to the right and he high sided and the bike rolled once or twice. I don't know if you guys saw buy i was the one who slid into the intersection and almost hit his bike. I Jumped off my bike and was in such a hurry to go check on him my kickstand wasn't all the way down and I about droped the bike lol.

It sound like hes ok but hopefully he will get on here and post up. he was up almost instantly but his adrenaline was probably pumping pretty hard.

Edited by Casper
fixed quote

That's nothing short of asinine. From my previous life, I remember ems on scene makes judgment on whether crew flies, or stays on standby. I don't know you well, but what I do know, I would trust your assessment of an injuries severity over an insurance company.

Agreed, not everyone is fully insured. It sucks.

The problem is response time not assesment. In the rural areas they are dispatching both at the same time because of how long it takes the squad to get there. I'll use Brents case again because it was my dept that responded. It's a 20-25 minute response for us to where she was at then a 2min assesment then a call to dispatch to send a chopper then a 15 min eta for them. So if done that way you're getting real close to an hour before the vic is airbourne thats why they are starting to send both at the same time and letting us cancel the bird if not needed. Unfortunately if they start the engine on the chopper you're going to get a bill, a lesser bill than if it made it to the scene and landed but still a bill.

So the ins will not pay because it was not needed. Really not much to do with assessment.

Again thats just rural though the big cities are still waiting for an on scene call.

CbrBrent on here is a prime example of this, he just got done paying the Life flight charges. His wife was learning to ride and got run off the road by a car. A bystander called it in as a motorcycle crash and being a rural community the chopper was sent too. It was not needed but was sent and he had to pay and pay dearly.

EMS is needed many times on a bike crash, just think before you call to make sure it is the best option and if so plan your call... say its an ATV accident not motorcycle and be as descriptive as you can on injury and what parts of the body were hit so maybe they will hold off on chopper dispatch till EMT's are on scene for assesment.

Thanks for the pointer...that is good to know.

Wow, that stuff is crazy here...

Hate to bring up Germany, but there we pay a small fee for the ambulance ride, maybe like 60 Euros and the same for the care flight. It floors me how someones life or treatment can depend on money like that.

:puke:

A previous teacher of mine lived in Germany as a kid and then went back for a decade as an adult. We talked about the health care system in Germany versus the US health care. It was a very interesting discussion. And yes, in the US, money is often a factor when it comes to health care decisions.

Yeah Thanks to Fusion and UP for keeping everything together. I loved seeing the baby fly by. Yeah I tagged someone at a stop, like said before stopped for no reason didn't react quick enough. No damage except his rear signal but It looked like he can just pop it back on.

Was a hell of a fun ride decent pace in the middle and fun up front, I'm glad I stayed up after work. I crash when I got home though and slept till 11 and I'm back at work. Nice to meet new faces and rides. Suntorn hope you heal quickly. Granda glad to see you found your way home.

Thanks for getting me home! Good meeting you :D