UPDATED: Dayton May 30th ride meeting spot!

NinjaNick

Ohdaho, AfroCBR, and I got together to do a little ride yesterday and I ran into suntorn at the gas station where I filled up. He seemed to be in good health and spirits, except for a couple pins sticking out of his pinky. It was pretty crazy looking. Anyhow, he said they quoted over $9000 in damage to the bike, yet said the frame and swingarm are straight, and the engine runs. He said he is going to buy it back because the insurance company is willing to sell it back for $1600.

That is all.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohdaho, AfroCBR, and I got together to do a little ride yesterday and I ran into suntorn at the gas station where I filled up. He seemed to be in good health and spirits, except for a couple pins sticking out of his pinky. It was pretty crazy looking. Anyhow, he said they quoted over $9000 in damage to the bike, yet said the frame and swingarm are straight, and the engine runs. He said he is going to buy it back because the insurance company is willing to sell it back for $1600.

That is all.

Wrillo took a bullit yesterday on the ride and I owe you a case of Newcastle when i get back. :lol:

SO is there going to be anymore dayton rides this year....I have yet to be out and I am getting the itch.

Wha...wha....WHAT!!?? You haven't rode your motocycle yet this year?? :eek: I love riding too much to do something as crazy as that.

I gave you my number before. If you ever want to ride you can hit me up anytime.

That is all.

I think he was at the Base Motorcycle Safety day. I saw someone with that same description talking to another member on here about it.

YEah nick...not much time to ride. I sold the 600 and the 1000 I have put a measly 300 miles on since last august when I got it.

Not yet ridden it this year at all....Just kind of bored and no one to ride with...sO I dont.

• 2 years later...

Holy shit this thread is nostalgic! I ran into it looking at profiles of riders that aren't on here much anymore.

37+ or more riders! Was something I stopped putting together because of the size just got too big over the years, but it was definitely very memorable. :cheers:

I will never forget all the big group rides I led from 2008-2010 they were a blast. I just had to stop because the groups were just getting too big to handle. :lol: Nowadays I'm a 6 group max guy unless it's an fast paced ride that someone ELSE is holding. :)

Edited by NinjaNick

That picture is awesome Josh. There is a Ducati Desmodeci in there too! Haha. That bike was amazing. Most expensive bike I ever been on a ride with, that's for sure...probably only too. Aren't those around 80k?

When you paint your bike Andy? You glad you did?

That ducati was sex on wheels

Any idea of what happened to the guy that wrecked that was in the Air Force? I think he broke his wrist; did he remain fit for duty?

Suntorn was his screen name I think. Never heard from him since. His highside looked soooo deadly when he flew by us. He got very lucky because a car just went by at that intersection.

I painted it at the end of that season of riding. I high-sided it and painted it a ruby red color. This last winter my dad just offered to paint it, so I took him up on it. I liked both colors more than the blue it was originally.

What ever happened to Chickon2? She just disappeared off here it seemed.

What ever happened to Chickon2? She just disappeared off here it seemed.

She went through a parents worst nightmare back in 2010. She kind of vanished after that. She was a great person. I was looking at her profile last night actually. It would be cool to see her again. Her husband was a good guy too. He was gone a lot in the Marines I think.