Anybody here own a Mazda 3?

redrocket04

I have a Mazda 6 and I absolutely LOVE it! Very fun to drive, but it is a 5 speed V6 so I don't know how a base model 3 would be. I agree, the 6 isn't great in the snow but once I got used to it (previously had a PT Cruiser that was awesome in the snow) I had fun!

I have a Mazda 6 and I absolutely LOVE it! Very fun to drive, but it is a 5 speed V6 so I don't know how a base model 3 would be. I agree, the 6 isn't great in the snow but once I got used to it (previously had a PT Cruiser that was awesome in the snow) I had fun!

I do like a Mazda 6. I've just got a certain amount I'm wanting to spend, and I don't want to go above that, mainly because car payments suck. I'm open to suggestions for things that are maybe a year or two old, as well. Gotta say I'm kinds looking forward to trying out a Smart car today. Pics WILL be taken. :)

^which engine? the 2.0 or the 2.3? and i would bet the Mazda 3 revs to at least 6 or 7k

why wouldn't you rev it beyond 1.8k starting off? It's not a truck, nor is it a heavy car. A little slipping of the clutch isn't going to hurt it.

What's your daily driver? I find it kind of humorous that a guy with a 2003 R6 as his listed bike complained about lack of torque :p

no the gti has to be revved up high. I'm not doing any complaining. I never drove it. he's used to driving 500hp cars though.

I probably wouldn't mind having to wind it up a little. but he said it's annoying.

he said the gti would smoke the mazda without a problem. but it was a pain to take off. he said that's one car that will have a lot of clutches put in them.

I'll have to find out what 4cyl the mazda he has is. I believe it's the 2.0.

I have a S/10 with the 4.3. it has 250 ft/lbs of torque. which is friggin great. I don't even have to take it past 2200rpm to hit 70 by time I reach the highway on a relatively short entrance ramp.

Edited by serpentracer

no the gti has to be revved up high. I'm not doing any complaining. I never drove it. he's used to driving 500hp cars though.

I probably wouldn't mind having to wind it up a little. but he said it's annoying.

he said the gti would smoke the mazda without a problem. but it was a pain to take off. he said that's one car that will have a lot of clutches put in them.

driver mod.

driver mod.

no, that dude can drive a car. he been road racing cars for longer than I've been alive.

his race car was a 1969 camaro Z-28 set up for road racing with a 600hp small block. that thing would handle like a new vette can.

he's used to cars that you can literally just let the clutch out and the will burn out.

Edited by serpentracer

no, that dude can drive a car. he been road racing cars for longer than I've been alive.

his race car was a 1969 camaro Z-28 set up for road racing with a 600hp small block. that thing would handle like a new vette can.

he's used to cars that you can literally just let the clutch out and the will burn out.

thats my point. it doesnt matter if he can drive a 10,000hp car...he still needs a driver mod when it comes to driving low hp cars...if he cant let the clutch out and make the car go without revving to the moon, then he needs practice, my car makes like negative 50 ft-lbs of tq and i can still get it rolling without even using the gas, let alone revving to 2k..ive driven high hp cars with twin discs and 6 pucks etc, and ive driven 20 second cars before with a clutch pedal so light you cant even feel it engage...its a different ball game, being good at one doesnt make you good at the other

I do like a Mazda 6. I've just got a certain amount I'm wanting to spend, and I don't want to go above that, mainly because car payments suck. I'm open to suggestions for things that are maybe a year or two old, as well. Gotta say I'm kinds looking forward to trying out a Smart car today. Pics WILL be taken. :)

Are you looking to buy used or new? Because if you think a 6 is too expensive you need to stay away from the Smart Cars. They start around $15000 new and probably not much less for used due to the novelty. I got my 6 (2003) last year for around 8. A car that's a couple years old will be way more than that unless it's a POS.

Are you looking to buy used or new? Because if you think a 6 is too expensive you need to stay away from the Smart Cars. They start around $15000 new and probably not much less for used due to the novelty. I got my 6 (2003) last year for around 8. A car that's a couple years old will be way more than that unless it's a POS.

Smart starts at around $12k. My roundabout budget is $15k plus whatever equity I have in my current car. Like I said, that's budget, so I don't HAVE to spend it all, and I'd like to spend less if I can.