Ohio Motorcyclist SHOT by police

rawlins87

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... that's a tough call.

The whole situation was unnecessarily escalated when they ran (at least it looks like they ran for a short bit), but c'mon - the guy didn't react or even motion toward the cop in the least, regardless of if he was even in possession of a weapon.

I'm usually very pro-police, but this guy didn't do anything that looked remotely threatening. I'd say Officer Doofy got a little too trigger happy, and slipped, but rather than admit it, he's gonna hold it out like this.

Looks like a bad shoot, he's fucked! :nono:

paralized

It didnt even look like they tried to run. looks like they were goofing off and just opened it not knowing there was a cop behind them. They stopped at the next sign...?

+1

ive done the same thing, get on the throttle hard after a stop and didnt know a cop was close.

I'm speechless. What makes it worse is the clip from the court when his attorney states that the guy "turned and pulled his arm back. He could have raised his left hand, but did nothing with his left." Insinuating that by doing so, the rider could have posed a threat to the officer.

I'm just speculating here, but it appeared as if he turned around so that he could see the officer, and where he was... And as we all know, it's nearly impossible to turn one's body like that on a bike without moving your arm and pivoting at the waist because your neck isn't made of rubber.

So... The officer jumped out of the car, yells something incoherent (or at least I couldn't make out the command from the video), and shot the dude the second he turned around. Then, while the guy's on the ground, the officer decides to command that he puts his hands up...

Perhaps clearly commanding that the rider placed his keys on the ground, and raise both hands (before getting out of the car) would have been a smart move. But then again, it's easy for me to armchair quarterback this one.

its total b.s the rider did nothing to warrant a bullet in the back,and then telling the guy to put his hands up with a motorcycle lying on his right leg. This perticular cop is a ass wipe and should life in prison. all this is my opinion though.

Hopefully the guy sued the shit out of the county//Please don't get me wrong I am very much pro Police(atleast until they pull me over)

You can see that even when the cop was in the car he looks right to see the cop/car, then when the cop.gets out it seems he instinctively looked the same way which was probably the first thing that came to mind. Was he attempting to draw a weapon, hell no!

At first I thought the guy in the background would be the one to be shot since the guy in the foreground seemed so calm and cooperative. Then I was like WHOA, WTF?! That was messed up. I know when I try to turn to look behind me on my bike I do the exact same movement as he did. I use my hand/arm to hold me in place when I look behind in a situation like that lol. Guess I would have been shot too?