Ohio Motorcyclist SHOT by police

rawlins87

WTF!!!? FTP! The biker didnt even act like he was going to do anything. Just looking back at the piggy. That cop should go to jail for life for F*cking up someone else's life and he should never be able to enforce the law again. I watched the clip twice waiting for something to prove the officer had a reason to shoot the biker. WTF was he thinking? Its BS and I hope that cop gets found guilty.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember a while back, a Powell cop pulled over a pizza delivery kid driving a convertible. The kid was reaching to undo his seat belt so he could get to his wallet and the cop shot him dead on the spot. I respect cops and I don't trust them. they're armed and human. Always show 'em your hands!

Perhaps clearly commanding that the rider placed his keys on the ground, and raise both hands (before getting out of the car) would have been a smart move. But then again, it's easy for me to armchair quarterback this one.

This is not exactly how it works but like you said, it is easy to armchair quarterback. He did what he should have up to the point of shooting the weapon. Not sure what he said either but I am sure it was something to the effect of "put your hands up!"

I am in NO way condoning this at all. The officers actions were very premature given the situation. When I first looked at the video I saw where it may have looked like he had a gun in his hand when the cop first pulled up but after that, not a chance. The cop acted too quick and I think he is screwed on this one. I highly doubt that he will get the max but, I am sure he will get hit.

Perhaps clearly commanding that the rider placed his keys on the ground, and raise both hands (before getting out of the car) would have been a smart move. But then again, it's easy for me to armchair quarterback this one.
This is not exactly how it works but like you said, it is easy to armchair quarterback. He did what he should have up to the point of shooting the weapon.

I guess I worded it that way because I was once pulled over on my bike years ago, and that's what the officer did. By the time that he got out of the car, my keys and helmet were on the ground next to the bike. I then waited for him to approach me and ask for my license and reg. prior to reaching for it.

A cop shot an unarmed man in the back. Even under the suspicion that the kid might have been armed, there is no justification for the cop's actions. Even if the fucker doens't spend the rest of his life in prison, he shouldn't be allowed to own so much as a pistol grip hose nozzle. And his trigger fingers should be cut off of both hands.

This is not exactly how it works but like you said, it is easy to armchair quarterback. He did what he should have up to the point of shooting the weapon. Not sure what he said either but I am sure it was something to the effect of "put your hands up!"

I am in NO way condoning this at all. The officers actions were very premature given the situation. When I first looked at the video I saw where it may have looked like he had a gun in his hand when the cop first pulled up but after that, not a chance. The cop acted too quick and I think he is screwed on this one. I highly doubt that he will get the max but, I am sure he will get hit.

Where do you get that the officer "did what he should have up to the point of shooting"? The entire "pursuit" lasted a block. If it had been a beige Camry taking off from the stop sign like that with Betty White driving, I'll bet the gun wouldn't have left the holster.

It was a brumbrum-er, and therefore clearly of the criminal element. :rolleyes:

Armchair quarterbacking or not, that's what we see, and while we weren't there, the shooting happened within 3 seconds of the stop, so it's not like the clip started 30 seconds into it.

I guess I worded it that way because I was once pulled over on my bike years ago, and that's what the officer did. By the time that he got out of the car, my keys and helmet were on the ground next to the bike. I then waited for him to approach me and ask for my license and reg. prior to reaching for it.

In my opinion, which means nothing to some I am sure, that would be a bad idea for the cop. He is in a very vulnerable position sitting in his patrol car. If you were to have a gun and pull it quickly the officer would have zero reaction time. But again, this is just my opinion and... sorry for the thread jack.

In my opinion, which means nothing to some I am sure, that would be a bad idea for the cop. He is in a very vulnerable position sitting in his patrol car. If you were to have a gun and pull it quickly the officer would have zero reaction time. But again, this is just my opinion and... sorry for the thread jack.

All opinions are valued by all members of Ohio Riders.

Where do you get that the officer "did what he should have up to the point of shooting"?

He pursued, he stopped then he got out of his car and ordered something, like a couple of us have said, we are unsure what he said, and that is where he stopped doing what he should have. It appears that one of the guys was running, the guy that lost control, which means the other guy is guilty by association. Breaking leather is an option. However comma once his commands were uttered he stopped doing when he should have.

That looks like a very bad shoot. All the rider did was turn his torso to look at the officer. Even if he did have a gun, how hard would it have been to shoot the officer who was behind him. Dumbass cop, hope he gets the max.

That looks like a very bad shoot. All the rider did was turn his torso to look at the officer. Even if he did have a gun, how hard would it have been to shoot the officer who was behind him. Dumbass cop, hope he gets the max.

I concur!

Please help me understand your thought process. A motorcyclist is sitting on a bike where he can turn his torso approximately 90 degrees and The cop would be vulnerable. Isn't he sitting in his patrol car where he could duck behind a shitload of steel, plasic, glass and such instead of outside of the patrol car with nothing but his bullet proof vest? I'm confused by your thinking. If I thought someone might take a shot at me I would rather be surrounded by other stuff that may absorb some energy of the bullet or deflect it completely before it hits me instead of being an easy target approaching the subject in the open.

Jesus Christ! As many have stated. Not sure what the guy could have done, sitting in a position like that. Gun or not, (which i did not see).

As i'm sure all cops haven't went out and had a little fun like that. I hope that fucker gets ass raped in prison over and over.

Jesus Christ! As many have stated. Not sure what the guy could have done, sitting in a position like that. Gun or not, (which i did not see).

As i'm sure all cops haven't went out and had a little fun like that. I hope that fucker gets ass raped in prison over and over.

He'll prob get special treatment, separated from the general population for safety reasons, if he is convicted.

He'll prob get special treatment, separated from the general population for safety reasons, if he is convicted.

Yeah. That's what i was thinking. But, that shouldn't be the case. How the hell do you feel good, and feel proud of what you do...shooting someone...sitting with their back to you...on a bike? :nono:

I hope someone, anyone finds and uses him as a personal play toy.

Cops should not having anything except pepper spray and a taser.

Good job Newb, trying to stir up some shit with stupid comments. You can't be serious with what you just wrote. Just because a few cops make bad decisions as we all do on occasion, that does not mean that all police should not carry guns. If you were a police officer would you want to confront violent criminals with pepper spray and a taser? I doubt it. Deadly force is warranted in many situations. This shooting is the exception, not the norm. Are you a recent transplant from California or someplace like that?

Edited by Modern Synthetics

Good job Newb, trying to stir up some shit with stupid comments. You can't be serious with what you just wrote. Just because a few cops make bad decisions as we all do on occasion, that does not mean that all police should not carry guns. If you were a police officer would you want to confront violent criminals with pepper spray and a taser? I doubt it. Deadly force is warranted in many situations. This shooting is the exception, not the norm. Are you a recent transplant from California or someplace like that?

I beleive the cop over reacted in this instance. I feel for the biker and his family and friends. I do beleive punishment should be in order for the cop. However some people are acting like the cop got off on shooting a biker and is now bragging about and feeling all cool and shit. I am sure now that he has had time to reflect on his actions he is regretting ruining someones life with a poor split-second decision. I have made mistakes at work that fortunately hasn't cost human life. Sadly for this officer, his mistake has changed someones life forever. I am sure he will have a hard time dealing with this on a mental/social level regardless of outcome. Shit happens and it sucks, but I doubt he woke up saying, "I am gonna go shoot some bikers tonight!"

If we learn anything it is to always keep your hands plainly visible until instructed to do otherwise. Accidents can and will happen and I dont want it to be me.