Old vs New(er)

aradamro

I haven't posted or even been on the forums in a while, so I figured I'd say hello to all. I haven't even ridden for a long time, just been busy working and trying to find a job in my field. My RC51 was getting lonely in the garage so I had to get it a friend......here it is. A sweet little cafe racer. Also, a few pics of the RC for the twin lovers. BTW the 88 Trooper in picture 3 in the background is for sale too if anyone is interested.

DSC01177.jpg

DSC01174.jpg

DSC01178.jpg

DSC01176.jpg

DSC01175.jpg

DSC01172.jpg

DSC01171.jpg

DSC01179.jpg

DSC01173.jpg

DSC01181.jpg

Thank you all for the compliments and suggestions.

ZIXXER9R

is it me or do you have two different cans on the RC?

Nope, cans are the same. Both old school Sato's. Eventually I'm going to get the Simon Kobe cans (real shorty motogp.)

Fonzie

Cafe' looks cleeeean & FUN!! :grin:

Details about the Trooper?

I'll pm you all the details, w/a link to pics

max power

Thats a sweet cafe. Get some side covers made and its perfect.

Thats a clean old Pooper as well. That cant be a cleveland car.

Thought about side covers, but it has toggle switches under the seat as there is no key. I'm sure they can be made with hinges or some other mechanism to allow me access to under the seat in a relatively easy manner. Also, the battery sticks out a little on the one side so the covers couldn't be completely flush. I might be able to pick up a set of the stock covers for cheap and modify them to fit too. For now the plan is to powdercoat some stuff, pick a different color for the wheels, (possibly polished and red like the RC) get some stainless lines front and rear and a smaller oil cooler from a Bandit, since the current one is pretty big and bulky. Also, maybe another seat in the future, but for now I just want to ride the thing. You are correct, the Super Pooper was originally from California and has some cool things done to it. It is just a second vehicle that I don't drive very often. No use paying for tags and insurance if I don't drive it very often.

Edited by aradamro

Some details about the cafe racer.

78 GS550 (basically the frame)

-93 750 Katana engine (slingshot head), 6-speed

-Stage 3 jet kit

-Custom intakes

-Custom headers

-Supertrapp mufflers

-Forks from the Kat

-Brakes from the Kat

-Modified steering stem to allow use in the older frame with modern taper bearings.

-GS1100 swingarm

-CB1000f shocks

-Rearsets late 80's ninja

-Katana wheels

-Tank hand hammered from the gs550

-Tail section and seat pan hand hammered metal

-Electronics under the seat, toggle switches for ignition and lights.

-Conti Attack tires

-DID chain