Hard lesson in the duality of man (Now w/ pix)

Fonzie

So, you're willing to exchange YOUR freedom to drive any vehicle at any time you choose because it'll keep a bad guy from driving someone else's car?? Willing to pay a higher "price" for a new car with more government mandated "safety" equipment? Willing to forgo the "test drive" because the dealership would have to "reprogram" the car for you to drive it? Bullshit.

Fuck with the people that fuck up, not those of us that don't.

No, I am not willing to exchange my freedom for that. I was just being difficult. :p

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow I am on vacation at Barbers Motorsports park for the vintage road race, sorry to hear about your family. Glad to hear everyone is mostly ok

I lost a college friend to a drunk driver. My friend was on his motorcycle and the drunk driver went left of center on purpose to hit the motocycle. The driver only got 7 years. WTF? I wanted the judge to order the driver to write a check for one penny to my friends mother every year on the date of his death as a reminder of what he caused. The judge denied that request.

It seems the drunk drivers always survive without injury because they dont have time to tense up before impact.

No, I am not willing to exchange my freedom for that. I was just being difficult. :p

Good answer.

Fonz, that Pacifica looks about as bad as my Maxima did two years ago after the asshole peeled the entire left side off of the car.

I thought for sure the insurance company would total it, but "their" body shop lowballed the original estimate at $3,200.00.

Final bill 6 weeks later was well over $10,000.00. All for a car that booked (retail) at the time at about $12,000.00

Insurance companies may be all about the bottom line, but so are the body shops.

Good luck with all that.

I deal with this all the time at work and the complications are ridiculous. Whatever you do, DO NOT pay for a single thing out of pocket. If you must, go through your insurance company and then they are responsible for having to get their money back from the other company. Due to the situation most insurance companies may show some sympathy to get the truck back on the road and let their people handle the persuing of the money they are owed

If you have any questions or need assistance feel free to let me know and I will do the best to my knowledge to help you out in craziness that is insurance crap and hoops. In the last month I've dealt with 2 different crashes that were not our fault so I've got a decent handle on some of how it works

But insurance companies are like women, you never know how they will react, what the hell they are thinking or what illogical thing they will do next :D

+1k Today's secret word is 'subrogate'.

Fonz, thanks for the 411 here, and truly glad to hear the family is physically ok, and I am sure emotionally on the mend. Kudos to all the fine folks who stood up to help out. I am sure karma will come about for them and shine on them, as it has upon your family. You guys are obviously living right. Will be thinking about all of you.

On a side karma note, methinks I am phucked. :D

I'm gonna doubt they total it. No bags blown, minimal (if any) structural. A front door, rear door skin, or maybe a whole shell, front fender, wheel and tire, and a bunch of small parts, maybe a couple pulls to straighten, if any structural. I'm going to say around $4000-5000.