CSBA Tech/Wrench Day - Saturday June 12, 10AM to 2PM

PhilS

Reminder.......

See ya tomorrow weather depending. Weather is looking like 70% to 30% rain, but, it's also a 30% to 60% chance of no rain! HA! :D

I plan on coming over, dont mind riding in the rain. I guess i'll check this thread in the morning to make sure its still on....i hope so because i have some issues with backfiring i'd like to talk about... :-)

I'm a very doubtful. Even if I do make it there, I won't be on my bike. Some health issues are slowing me down, and will make be in a cage! Still would like to go and hang out, maybe learn something too.

If I don't make it, hope everyone has fun!

I would like to go just to hang and get the bike out but if the weather is terrible then I won't make it. Plus, not sure if the bike will start. Haven't run it since the last ride but I have charged it a few times.

Since I will be carrying Brian Kinney's bike to Dyno Brian's shop this morning I will be in my truck with trailer for this event. There is not enough time to go back to Delaware for the bike. See you there.

Well this was a fun day. Thanks to John and his wife for opening their beautiful home, garage, and grille to the gang of us to hang out and make noise. There were about 10 people in all showing from the CSBA group and from Ohio Riders and such. We had a great time in the garage and out of the rain which really didn't hit until later and it was very slight.

We did get to find a problem on Night Rider's Yamaha 600 - he had a bad transfer gear on the back of the speedometer. Yamaha Japan must be very proud of this part. It is as small as a lighter and costs $123!! Ouch! We also spent some time on Ebon's Kaw. It needed the GPS hard-wired to a keyed hot wire. All is well and his battery will never drain again - at least from that issue.

Also, a few of us are now proud owners of Ohio Riders stickers for the bikes!

Here's a few shots - great seeing you all.

Phil

PS - Bike stayed dry and clean on the trip home. WooHoo!!!!!

PSS - CBRGirl's Factory Matte Gray Paint Scheme is WAY COOL!

TechDay3.jpg

TechDay4.jpg

TechDay1.jpg

Edited by PhilS

Phil,

Thanks for posting up the pics. I took my camera but failed to take it out of the case. I am glad someone else was on the ball. I know Wagner took a couple pics as well, I will try to get those from him.

I had a blast today. Thanks to EVERYONE for setting this up. To john for letting us use his garage and providing food. To Jcmathis and Phil for painstakingly taking off plastic piece after plastic piece riddled with screws and the occasional bolt. Phil for calling around and pricing the tiny part that costs a small fortune and is apparently made out of magical materials. To Ebon for showing and keeping us company. And...to Shawn and Carie. Somehow i got 2 amazing Yuengling out of carie's hospitality. To Shawn...well...not sure what you did...but thanks anyway man! :p I appreciated your cleaning skills and everyone's help today.

Had fun tagging along on the small ride. Rain actually felt pretty good believe it or not.

Holy packed garage!! I don't think you could have squeezed another bike in there if you wanted to. I'm glad the day went well! Did you guys sweat as much as I did yesterday? Just a little muggy! Oh well, I'll take this over snow any day.

Hey guys, sorry this is late...but I really appreciate the hospitality from john and his wife- beautiful home. John/Phil- thanks for the info and help. John W, thanks for the hard wire! Gps will never die on me again! :-) jus gotta get my brakes and adjust the carbs so it doesn't run so rich, but that will come soon I hope. Thanks again! Carrie and shawn and shawns daughter, nice meeting you and look forward to seeing ya'll again.