Recommendations on where to get gear

idodishez

Im looking for recommendations on where to get gear at decent prices. I need leather pants and boots, suitable for the track, and maybe a back protector.

I looked in the sponsors section, and didn't see anything specific to gear.

I cant post in the marketplace, as I'm still a newb on here, and less than 30 days.

Locally, I tried Middletown Cycle. They, along w it seems most any brick and mortar store, don't stock any pants, or a lot of gear in general. Also tried Cycle Specialties in Cinci. Same answer.

I can look on E-bay, but would rather look at a place someone has recommended to me that is knowledgeable and decently priced.

Are there any supported sponsors on here?

So far sportbiketrackgear.com ridersdiscount.com and a few others I can't think of have been great.

Ive always been impressed with ridersdiscount.com but only deal with TJ directly...never the website. He hooks various forum members up pretty well.

I like Sport Tour in the West Chester area. They do all types of gear and can/will order you anything you want. The guys there are very cool and helpful too.

If you're into Scorpion stuff, try HOLLOWPOINTRACING and talk to Ryan Realey. He's an AFJ guy that is awesome to deal with.

Thanks guys. Lots to look at and choose from.

Iron Pony is about 3 hours from me, so it looks like its online for me.

Question, if anyone knows.... I have a Joe Rocket Ballistic jacket. Eventually I may get a full leather jacket, but for now I'm going to use the Ballistic. It has a zipper for pants, but can I assume I would need to get Joe Rocket pants to have the zipper work.

The Alpine Stars look to have better knee protection than the Joe Rocket pants, but don't look like they would zip up to a Joe Rocket jacket.